• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

South Shore rendevous

Know about or organizing a raft-up? Where, when?
jprohan
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Bay Shore, NY

South Shore rendevous

Post by jprohan »

Any interest in a South Shore of LI rendevous next year? Not a whole lot of great marinas like the Sound; but Watch Hill on Fire Island is a great spot, well protected, with a good restaurant. What do you think Rob on Toyriffic?
Homeinstead28
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: South Shore rendevous

Post by Homeinstead28 »

Hi Rob! :D
This is laura. My dad said this is a great idea and we would deffinately want to do this. 8) say hi to Grace and Elli :D yaya!
<3 Home Instead
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Center Moriches, NY

Post by RobS »

Yes, great idea, we have quite a few members now on the south shore, esp. in the GSB area. Watch Hill could be a real pain due to the no reservation policy. Perhaps a big overnight raft up at Great Gunn in Moriches.

Good to hear from you Laura, I will say hi to my girls, say hi to Drew from us. And of course we hope to see you before next summer!
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
1974 Chris Craft 36' Commander Tournament
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)
"TOY-RIFIC" 2000 28TE, 6LP, Hull 408

Luck is the residue of good design.
Serenity
In Memorium
Home Port: East Islip Anglers, New York

Post by Serenity »

Works for Margaret and I. Even Sailors Haven would work and their anchoring is excellent.
Max
Serenity 98 28TE
East Islip, Long Island, New York
poillon1

Post by poillon1 »

We're Mt Sinai - Moriches would be easier for us. Any thought to Mattimar Marina in Mattituck? :D
Serenity
In Memorium

Post by Serenity »

Another spot o consider is the Connetequot River in Great River. The anchoring is protected and you have 2 great restaurants there. Snapper Inn and The View.
Max
Serenity 98 28TE
gerygarcia
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by gerygarcia »

Hey all

Sounds like a good idea.

Another option is Westhampton Beach Marina.
Its a nice little marina with the town within walking distance. (Lots of shopping and restaurants :wink: )

http://www.westhamptonbeach.org/village-marina.php

I like the idea of a raft up personally, but something like this would make it easy for family members or friends to easily drop by for a visit and such.

In the past my family has used this marina as a waypoint on our journey's out east. Very convenient and good location.

I also like the idea of Connetequot for an overnighter and raftup location, but we are open to any suggestions.

Gery
Resolution 28TE
Gery, Anne, Marissa and Gabby.
Serenity
In Memorium

Post by Serenity »

Watch Hill on GSB will accept reservations for 10 or more boats. Check out their web site, Watch Hill, NY
Max
Serenity 98 28TE
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by RobS »

Serenity wrote:Watch Hill on GSB will accept reservations for 10 or more boats. Check out their web site, Watch Hill, NY
Good call, I knew they had a reservation policy for groups but for some reason I was thinking it was only for groups of 20 boats, not 10.

10 may be do-able. So Westhampton or Watch Hill are both options..

Here is Watch Hill's res policy:

Marina Group Reservation Policy
The Group Reservation Policy covers organized groups that would like to rendezvous, hold meetings, recreate, etc. while enjoying all that Watch Hill has to offer.

The Group Reservation Policy may be applied only to:

•Groups consisting of ten (10) or more vessels.
•Shoulder season dates during May, June, September and October (except holiday weekends or weekends before or after holidays).
The Group Reservation Policy allows the group’s leader to make reservations for the group’s vessels well in advance of the planned day of arrival. Advanced reservations allow the staff of Fire Island Concessions the opportunity to place vessels in appropriately sized slips as well the ability to keep your group within the same vicinity. As soon as you have a date in mind, please contact us at (631) 597-3109 or by email as this process can be time consuming and availability is limited. Fire Island Concessions will work closely with you to plan your group’s event. Please indicate whether you will require the services of the Pier Restaurant or any other accommodations for your group.
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)

Serenity
In Memorium

Post by Serenity »

RobS wrote:
Serenity wrote:Watch Hill on GSB will accept reservations for 10 or more boats. Check out their web site, Watch Hill, NY
Good call, I knew they had a reservation policy for groups but for some reason I was thinking it was only for groups of 20 boats, not 10.

The Group Reservation Policy covers organized groups that would like to rendezvous, hold meetings, recreate, etc. while enjoying all that Watch Hill has to offer.

•Shoulder season dates during May, June, September and October (except holiday weekends or weekends before or after holidays).
The Group Reservation Policy allows the group’s leader to make reservations for the group’s vessels well in advance of the planned day of arrival. Advanced reservations allow the staff of Fire Island Concessions the opportunity to place vessels in appropriately sized slips as well the ability to keep your group within the same vicinity. As soon as you have a date in mind, please contact us at (631) 597-3109 or by email as this process can be time consuming and availability is limited. Fire Island Concessions will work closely with you to plan your group’s event. Please indicate whether you will require the services of the Pier Restaurant or any other accommodations for your group.
According to my over priced water way guide, Westhampton Beach has 12 transient slips in 4 feet of water. However, I do not know if you can make reservations. Watch Hill offers the bay,ocean and electric. However, Westhampton offers the town for activities but no electric. Interestinhg dilemma.
Max
Serenity 98 28TE
gerygarcia
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by gerygarcia »

Westhampton definitely has electric. 30 amp. They also have restrooms with showers. There is an area for barbeques and some tables. The town pumpout boat is located there as well, so that's pretty convenient. I'll try to contact the dockmaster about group reservations and what they would want in advance. It's not the cheapest place and they like only cash payment if I remember correctly.

I'm still leaning to some kind of raft up option, as it is cheaper and very fun, but it has it's drawbacks if the weather is bad.

If someone said Watch Hill is the place, I would have no problems going there as it would be pretty easy for me to do :wink: We could also do a raft up just outside the marina during the day if that's appealing to folks.

Any idea of when people would want to do this?? There's lots of time as of right now to make a decision, just seeing what would be an ideal date :)
Serenity wrote:
RobS wrote:

According to my over priced water way guide, Westhampton Beach has 12 transient slips in 4 feet of water. However, I do not know if you can make reservations. Watch Hill offers the bay,ocean and electric. However, Westhampton offers the town for activities but no electric. Interestinhg dilemma.
Resolution 28TE
Gery, Anne, Marissa and Gabby.
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Post by jcollins »

<moving to meet and greet forum for new members browsing>
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by RobS »

The weekend before the 4th of July seems to be about it as far as our availability if we want to get it in before Essex.
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)

Serenity
In Memorium

Post by Serenity »

Hopefully I will have my prop before then, sounds like a plan
Max
Serenity 98 28TE
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by RobS »

Serenity wrote:Hopefully I will have my prop before then, sounds like a plan
Good seeing you the other day at the show. It sounds like the prop is off :wink:
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)

Return to “Meet and Greet”