• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

NC Rendezvous at Dowry Creek Marina

Know about or organizing a raft-up? Where, when?
kjg1951
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Oriental NC

NC Rendezvous at Dowry Creek Marina

Post by kjg1951 »

I have been in touch with Mary at Dowry Creek Marina. This looks like the marina that will be a wonderful venue to hold our Rendezvous. I have 2 dates and would like some feed back on which weekend would be the best for all.
May 3-May 6 OR May 31-June 3
Please let me know of your choice ASAP i would like at this point to reserve 10 slips I will need to know the length, beam, power 30 or 50 I have gotten the dock master to come down to $ 1.25 a foot and $ 6.00 for 30 amp service. There is fuel and pump out service available ... I have suggested may as April showers bring May Flowers hopefully we will have a sun filled weekend so that all can enjoy the Carolina blue skies .....
marko
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: New Bern, NC

Re: NC Rendezvous at Dowry Creek Marina

Post by marko »

Dowry Creek on either of those dates works for me. Would be interested in a 40 / 45 ft slip and need 50 amp service.
Thanks for getting this going. Mark.
kathylsails
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kathylsails »

Many, many thanks for doing all the work! We cannot make the May 3-6 dates. The weekend of the 31st is a bit of a conflict because the Ocrafolk festival is the next weekend, but we will see how things play out. Even if we could not come by sea, we could probably meet folks there by land!
"KP Duty" Albin 30 FC
kjg1951
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kjg1951 »

There are other dates in June also....Let me know your thoughts
marko
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by marko »

Other dates in June could work, also May 17-19. The weekend of May 10-12 does not. Memorial Day weekend always gets crazy on the water, so I avoid being out on all summer major holidays. The chaos on the ICW on these weekends is downright dangerous. See what the rest of the NC group says. Thanks.
Riverjohn
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Riverjohn »

May 3-6 would work for me. I'll need a slip adequate for 25' and 30 amps. Thanks for taking the lead on this project.
John in Augusta
A25 #1117 "Ms Bettencourt"
kjg1951
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kjg1951 »

June is looking better ... i was talking with Mary at the marina and she said that in april and may the migration North is on so that would make the ICW a bit busy so maybe we should think about June when it is abit calmer ??????? the dates are open, but i would thin June would be the latest as it would be abit warm in july..... please give me some feed back about June....
kathylsails
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kathylsails »

June looks better for us, too. The 21-23 would probably work for us. We need 30 feet and 30 amp. You are right.....July gets unbearably hot!
"KP Duty" Albin 30 FC
marko
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by marko »

June could work out well.
SeaJAlbin28
Mate
Mate

Post by SeaJAlbin28 »

June would be MUCH better for us-------let us know when you have a date or two to look at!!!!
Chris and Judy,
aboard SeaJ, an Albin 28 TE

Return to “Meet and Greet”