• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

NC Rendezvous Cancellation

Know about or organizing a raft-up? Where, when?
kjg1951
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Oriental NC

NC Rendezvous Cancellation

Post by kjg1951 »

Sorry to have to cancell I believe a restart is in order..... Maybe next year would be better, we can have a dialogue and come up with a better time of the year and a location.
dbushpilot
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Camden NC USA

Re: NC Rendezvous Cancellation

Post by dbushpilot »

Darn shame. Three Albins here in Elizabeth City would have come. Location was good for us and NC in general.
SeaJAlbin28
Mate
Mate

Post by SeaJAlbin28 »

Thanks for all your efforts in trying to pull this together...we will hope for success next year!

Chris and Judy
Chris and Judy,
aboard SeaJ, an Albin 28 TE
kathylsails
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: New Bern, NC

Post by kathylsails »

We also appreciate your efforts and hope for success next year. Maybe not having it during the summer would be more do-able? It could be a smaller event, like a Meet and Greet.
"KP Duty" Albin 30 FC
marko
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: New Bern, NC

Post by marko »

It's good to know there's a few more boats up north in NC. Thanks for giving it a shot.
Chris & Dale

Re: NC/SC Rendezvous Salvage - Attempt

Post by Chris & Dale »

OK gang, let me jump on out there and offer a possible alternative to a total cancellation. Each year in Southport, NC, we have our Annual Stede Bonnet Halloween Pirate Regatta, sponsored by the Provision Company (you can google or bing it), which is just a really big party on the water and then back at Provision Company. This year it will be on Nov 2nd. It is absolutely a blast! For years when we were blowboaters, we raced it, but too many operations and I'm relegated to our Steel Hers (oh poor me), from which we go out and watch it. I'd be willing to do the following:

1. Talk to Southport Marina (a 3 block walk to Provision Company) and see if I can get a deal for discounts on slip fees for Friday & Saturday night, minimum.
2. Organize a dock party down at Southport Marina, or maybe another location if I can arrange some sponsorship, for Friday evening.
3. Have information, maps, and whatever else I can scare up as welcome bags for everyone. The town is really kinda neat, being basically a little fishing village.
4. Of course, Sat. would be spent on the water and then at Provision Company, they feed you for free and then it's a cash bar party to whenever.

Nothing real fancy or formal. We pride ourselves at being on "Southport Time". I'm not thinking any special meetings, just informal get togethers Fri-Sun to talk about what's here and to do. I will say, if you've seen the movie Safe Haven, you've seen Southport. My front yard, so to speak, is the Old Yacht Basin where it was filmed (you can barely see our blue hull bow stuck out beyond several bigger boats in the background on a number of shots). Also, you can go the Fishy-Fishy Resturaunt web page and use their sky-cam to see the Old Yacht Basin and the Marina. Good eats there as well.

So, there you have it - Nov 1st-3rd in Southport....a makeshift party/get together. Probably not like any Rendezvous you've ever been to, but some good old NC/SC Southern Hospitality!

Please let me know your thoughts. If there's interest I will pursue discussions with the Marina.
richard42
Deckhand
Deckhand
Home Port: Little River, SC

Post by richard42 »

Sounds like a winner for sure! We have been there several times for the regatta. Lots of fun. I'm in South Carolina and would definitely plan to attend. The original NC location would not have worked for us. Will stay in tune to see what the response is.

Return to “Meet and Greet”