• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

NC/SC Rendezvous - CANCELLED!!!!!

Know about or organizing a raft-up? Where, when?
Chris & Dale

Re: NC/SC Rendezvous, Southport, NC, Nov. 1st - 3rd

Post by Chris & Dale »

Fantastic....Have the US Open King Mackerel Tournament here this weekend, but after that I'm going to scour the previous responses and start an e-mail campaign to get some more people coming. Thanks Again!
kjg1951
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Oriental NC

Post by kjg1951 »

HI Chris and Dale
We will not be able to make the rendezvous to South Port. Bot of us are still working and the 2 day trip down and back is just abit to far from New Bern . If it is still on, we may drive down to South Port for the weekend and meet the other ownres... keep us informed of the event.
Chris & Dale

Post by Chris & Dale »

Kevin,
Really sorry to hear that. That puts us at only 2 confirmed reservations, but we'll be here, and the Steede Bonnett will as well, so come on down. Suggest getting a place for the night Sat as it is after all, a party in a small little fishing village.

For any others reading, please, if you want to come, let me know and most importantly, make your reservations at the marina. It will be fun!
kathylsails
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: New Bern, NC

Post by kathylsails »

We are still planning to come, and if the weather does not cooperate, we will come via land. I briefly looked for lodgings in the area but it seems that they are all in the Wilmington area or a ferry ride away....and the ferry does not run at night. Any suggestions for Kevin, or for us if we can't make it by boat?
"KP Duty" Albin 30 FC
Chris & Dale

Post by Chris & Dale »

We have a Wingate, a Hampton Inn, a Comfort Suites, Riverside Inn, Louis Jane B&B, and several B&B's in the area. Zip is 28461. Also, go to the Southport Marina website and I believe they have links as well. If anyone is still having problems finding a place that wants to come by land, please let me know, either here or by e-mail. It will be fun!
kathylsails
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kathylsails »

Thank you! We're looking forward to meeting everyone, enjoying the race, and having fun!
"KP Duty" Albin 30 FC
kathylsails
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kathylsails »

We are coming by land rather than sea due to time constraints but are really looking forward to the weekend! We will meet you at the Tiki Bar on Friday.
"KP Duty" Albin 30 FC
Chris & Dale

Re: NC/SC Rendezvous - CANCELLED!!!

Post by Chris & Dale »

I regret to post this, but there doesn't appear to be anyone coming by boat. For anyone coming by car & staying at a motel, send me an e-mail at my home and I'll get back to you on any questions. If there is any interest, I'd be more than happy to try again in the spring. Let me know what I need to do different to succeed! Again, I'm truly sorry this didn't work out.
marko
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: NC/SC Rendezvous - CANCELLED!!!!!

Post by marko »

It may be that the distances and density are tuff to overcome. I figured a minimum of two days, but more like two and a half days cruise to get to Southport from New Bern. So that's maybe five days to get there and back. Don't know about the SC members. The density of AOG members is pretty thin in NC vs say the Chesapeake where a one day run may put you at the rendezvous. I appreciate your efforts to make it happen and would of, if I could of, come down there by water. Still working on a trip south and will catch you if I can. Thanks. Mark
kathylsails
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kathylsails »

Well, it looks like there is going to be rain on Saturday, so who knows what will happen to the race. We were going to come by land, but given the weather conditions, cancelling seems like a good idea. Thank you for all the time and energy you put into this. Who knows, next year just might be better!
"KP Duty" Albin 30 FC
DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Safe Harbor - Essex Island Marina, Essex, CT

Post by DougSea »

Sorry to hear that guys! I really thought you'd pull it off this year. Getting close!

One though I had as I sit here on the boat with the heat running...

Why so late in the year? Our NE rendezvous is in the middle of the summer. The big advantage is that our kids are on summer vacation and many of our attendees bring their families along. That's probably limiting your possible attendees. Another issue might be the lack of daylight. While I realize that it's much warmer in your area I'm pretty sure you run out of daylight just like us! So the dock wandering activities (and the attraction they bring) are limited right off the bat. So, maybe a June/July date?

Just an observation.
Doug
Sonny IV
2006 35TE Convertible, Volvo D6-370's
Former owner - Sonny III, 1997 28TE with "The BEAST"
kathylsails
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kathylsails »

I think Mark hit the nail on the head. It is at least a 2 day trip to Southport from here, so those of us who work would have to take an extra couple of days off from work. There seem to be denser populations of Albin Owners in other areas, where the boating times to get to a rendezvous are shorter. It's a long slog down the ICW from here to Southport or SC, and there are quite a few bridges with wait times between openings. :-(
"KP Duty" Albin 30 FC
richard42
Deckhand
Deckhand
Home Port: Little River, SC

Post by richard42 »

We had planned to come. I made a reservation at Southport Marina about two months ago. Sorry it is cancelled but understand. Hopefully another can be planned for the spring.

Return to “Meet and Greet”