• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

2019 Chesapeake Rendezvous - Date change

Coordinator - Doug and Georgia Craig (DCatSea)
DCatSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Alexandria VA

2019 Chesapeake Rendezvous - Date change

Post by DCatSea »

I've just spoken with Sam at Chestertown Marina; Chestertown is apparently becoming a venue of choice, and unfortunately the first 2 weekends of September are no longer available. SO, we have discussed dropping back a week to September 20 - 22.

Rates would be $2.25/foot plus electric (50 amp) is $8.00 per night. (Splitters can be used and are available to rent if needed)
Sam will tentatively hold making other bookings for a week, until we touch base again, so I really need people to confirm or deny their attendance.

Please let me know as soon as possible if this still works for you.

Thanks

Possible schedule:
Friday - early PM meet and greet on dock - drinks and nibbles before dinner at own pace in local restaurant.

Saturday - visit to local POI (TBA) - then early evening cook out at marina - (followed by speaker? TBA)

Sunday - Breakfast/coffee and donuts etc on dock. Departure for home port per individual schedule.

For those who are so inclined, we can make appointments to open the upstream bridge for a run up-river. Apparently wetlands upstream of Crumpton are prime kayak water.
Doug and Georgia
"Mazboot" - 1984 27 FC #142
Lehman 4D61
Tribe 9.5 yak
Jackson STAXX-11 yak
Alexandria City Marina - F-03
Sprig1
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Long Cove Marina, Chester River Maryland

Re: 2019 Chesapeake Rendezvous - Date change

Post by Sprig1 »

Hi Doug anytime is good for us. Hopefully I'll have the boat in the water. Thanks for organizing.
Carl
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Oxford, MD

Post by Carl »

Laurel and I will be there.
28TE "Kozy L"
"How U Albin"
stxray
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Sea Isle City, NJ

Post by stxray »

If all goes according to my plans, I'll be starting my trip down the ICW at that time. A stop in Chestertown would be perfect. Count me in!

Thanks for doing this
Al Dente
1975 Albin 25 Deluxe, Hull #2350
Volvo Penta MD3B
Dinghy: 7'2" Achilles Inflatable w/ 2 Hp Honda
Residence: Southeast Pennsylvania
Homeport: Sea Isle City, NJ
DCatSea
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DCatSea »

Al
Thank you and a future welcome to the Chesapeake Bay. We'd love to see a 25 at the rendezvous; there aren't too many in the Bay to my knowledge, so you will be more than welcome on your way south. We'll look forward to your trip tales.

Doug
Doug and Georgia
Lehman 4D61
Tribe 9.5 yak
Jackson STAXX-11 yak
furball
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Chester, Md

Post by furball »

Sara and I plan to be there.

Thanks,
John
Chief
2005 31TE
Cummins 450

Formerly,
Transition
2006 28TE
Yanmar 6LP
DCatSea
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DCatSea »

Unfortunately I am not going to be able to make the Chesapeake Rendezvous this year. Family from UK are descending on the 22nd, so I guess we'll be busy for that weekend hosting them in DC. The previous week is the Australian side of the fam, and we have less than a 24-hour changeover period to get ready for the Poms (Brits).

I am still more than happy to assist with setup and make phone calls etc., but could someone please take over the on-site stuff.

ALSO - with the date change could ask everyone who plans to attend to please respond so I can let the marina know how many expect to there on which dates.

Apologies and thanks.

Doug
Doug and Georgia
Lehman 4D61
Tribe 9.5 yak
Jackson STAXX-11 yak
HerBoat35
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Cambridge MD

Post by HerBoat35 »

Have not been on the website recently due to graduations & life in general. Are we still on for the Albin rendezvous for weekend of Sept 20-22 ?
If so, we plan on attending.
Bayard & Gladys Taylor
35 Albin TE
Wake Up Call

Formally -
28 Albin TE Flush Deck
Friend Ship
chic belmont
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: rock hall md

Post by chic belmont »

Dads 14 ,2004 35 TE planning to attend..??
Emcunningham
Mate
Mate
Home Port: Chestertown

Post by Emcunningham »

We will be there, however, we keep our boat at Cheater River Yacht and Country Club, basically next door. We can come on over for the day, but don’t need a slip. We would be happy to make arrangements for dinner at a local distillery (Bad Alfred’s- three blocks walking distance), if that interests anyone! There is a restaurant at the marina, but they couldn’t accommodate any sizeable group, and I would not recommend eating there, other than to grab a drink.

There are also moorings and plenty of anchorage right out front of the marina. There is a large open park next door (Wilmer Park), and two covered pavilions, if weather is poor.

If anyone is coming, sans boat, White Swan Inn, is a block or two away, and gorgeous.
Tree
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Portsmouth, UK

Post by Tree »

Emcunningham wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:16 am We will be there, however, we keep our boat at Cheater River Yacht and Country Club, basically next door. We can come on over for the day, but don’t need a slip. We would be happy to make arrangements for dinner at a local distillery (Bad Alfred’s- three blocks walking distance), if that interests anyone! There is a restaurant at the marina, but they couldn’t accommodate any sizeable group, and I would not recommend eating there, other than to grab a drink.

There are also moorings and plenty of anchorage right out front of the marina. There is a large open park next door (Wilmer Park), and two covered pavilions, if weather is poor.

If anyone is coming, sans boat, White Swan Inn, is a block or two away, and gorgeous.
I see my post on Instagram gave you a nudge!! 😊😊
Fisher Price 2
Hull Number AUL28489L900
Yanmar 6LP-STE
Built in Portsmouth RI, USA - Berthed in Portsmouth Hampshire, United Kingdom.
Panhdjoe
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Osprey Marina, Myrtle Beach SC

Post by Panhdjoe »

Hello, Janet and I are thinking about making the trip to the bay in September, Is the date for the Rendezvous set? Is it at Chestertown marina? I was not sure from reading the posts. It take us about 10-12 Days to get there. i would like to win the prize for the longest travel to get there again.
1983 36 classic
1995 192 Grady White w/ 150 Yamaha
2003 Boss 8'6" Dingy w/6 hp Suzuki
DCatSea
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DCatSea »

I'm sorry to repeat myself, but per my note of July 12, we are not able to continue with the rendezvous administration, other than in a most rudimentary way. Our guest list for August/September has almost doubled, with more family coming from UK and Australia than ever before (Brexit Blues?) though until October.
If there is still support for the rendezvous, could someone please take up the slack and coordinate?

Apologies to all.

Doug
Doug and Georgia
Lehman 4D61
Tribe 9.5 yak
Jackson STAXX-11 yak
Carl
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Oxford, MD

Post by Carl »

The wife and I drove to Chestertown Marina today and met with Sam the marina manager. Looks like Myself and John on the Chief, along with our wives will be attempting to pull this rendezvous together. If anyone else would like to help, especially if you live in or near Chestertown, that would be great. Sam was a great help and she was very accommodating with our needs. In order to complete arrangements we/she really need to get an accurate head count. As of now, including our boat there are only 3 reservations. Event is one month away, so if you plan on attending, please respond here and call Sam.
There is a new restaurant on site, very good food, and plenty of places in town that you can easily walk to. Sam will let us use the deck (or room inside if weather doesn't cooperate) for our Saturday pot luck, we can rent a tent and grill locally (be prepared to chip in a few bucks). You may want to bring bag chairs or use the ones you might have on your boat.

Friday - early PM meet and greet at dock, maybe cocktails and snacks at the restaurant deck overlooking marina. (spoke with Chris the manager he will close off a section if we ask)
Saturday - visit to local shops or just hang out - then early evening pot luck/cook out at marina (bring your favorite sides) burgers and dogs provided.
*we are looking into getting a speaker.....will let you know when and where and if*
Sunday - Breakfast/coffee and donuts etc on dock. Departure for home port per individual schedule.

********************Please Respond if you are thinking about attending!!!!!********************
28TE "Kozy L"
"How U Albin"
Fin Chaser
Deckhand
Deckhand
Home Port: Chester, MD

Post by Fin Chaser »

Hi, Carl.
Thank you so much for stepping up and taking the reigns!

Karen and I will be there for our first Rendezvous!
Likely won't get there till Saturday.

Mark
Fin Chaser
2006 28TE
Yanmar 6LP

Return to “13th Chesapeake Rendezvous - Sept. 20th - 22nd - Chestertown Marina”