• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Let's try again, how about Sarasota?

Jim lanza
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Punta Gorda

Let's try again, how about Sarasota?

Post by Jim lanza »

We bought our Albin in March of 2017, and were looking forward to meeting up with other owners at a Florida Rendezvous. It hasn't happened yet.

Our home port is Punta Gorda, located on Charlotte Harbor, just a few miles from the Florida ICW, where there are numerous locations perfect for an Albin Rendezvous. We believe that our area would be an excellent location for the rendezvous, but perhaps if we moved it further north we'd get more interest.

If you're interested in attending an Albin Rendezvous please email me at vjameslanza@comcast.net and we'll see if we can make it happen.
Jim Lanza
MV Encore
Albin 40 Sundeck
Punta Gorda, FL
rcwhite
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Southport Maine

Re: Let's try again, how about Sarasota?

Post by rcwhite »

There was an earlier thread on a rendezvous this season that showed some interest. Not sure where it went though.
Jim lanza
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Jim lanza »

It doesn't seem that we can generate enough interest in an Albin Rendezvous. You'd think that with as many Albins as there are in Florida, we could get at least a 'Mini-Rendezvous'.

I guess we'll just have to cruise up and down the West Coast of Florida looking for Albins and yelling to see if the owners are aboard. Ok, not as high tech as posting on AOG, but that hasn't worked too well so far. Hahaha

Jim Lanza
MV Encore
Albin 40 Sundeck
Punta Gorda, FL
drbob
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Cape Harbour, Cape Coral, FL

Post by drbob »

Sarasota works for us. We had a great time at the last rendezvous in Punta Gorda.

Not a problem to drive our A28TE up the ICW.

Bob & Kem
Cape Harbour
jleonard
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Mystic, CT

Post by jleonard »

I would consider driving down (in my car) for the day from New Port Richey if the timing were right.
Formerly
1983 40 Albin trunk cabin
Attitude Adjustment
Mystic, CT
jleonard
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Mystic, CT

Post by jleonard »

Jimlanza wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 5:04 pm It doesn't seem that we can generate enough interest in an Albin Rendezvous. You'd think that with as many Albins as there are in Florida, we could get at least a 'Mini-Rendezvous'.

I guess we'll just have to cruise up and down the West Coast of Florida looking for Albins and yelling to see if the owners are aboard. Ok, not as high tech as posting on AOG, but that hasn't worked too well so far. Hahaha
You laugh...I used to do this when I owned my old Mainship and ran the North East Mainship group. LOL
It worked pretty well.
The standard line was "Second best looking boat in the harbor!" It always got a response.
Formerly
1983 40 Albin trunk cabin
Attitude Adjustment
Mystic, CT
Rabiss
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Port Charlotte Fl

Post by Rabiss »

I’m also in Port Charlotte Harbor. Would like have a get together with other Albin owner.
Randy
06 Albin 28
Jim lanza
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Jim lanza »

I'm in preliminary talks with Marina Jacks in Sarasota for a possible venue in either March or April. I'm open to other suggestions, however, Sarasota offers more shore side attractions (restaurants, clubs, museums).

Should we like to 'Rough it', or do it 'On the cheap', I'd suggest an 'Anchor Out' at Pelican Bay (Cayo Costa Island) as an alternative. Cayo Costa is an interesting island with a white sandy beach, but has hiking/biking trails that go around the island. There's also kayaking available. A short distance from the anchorage is Millers Dockside Restaurant (Across Boca Grande Inlet), and Burnt Store Marina is about 8 miles from the anchorage where there is fuel and a restaurant.

Just a few possibilities, I welcome any suggestions, hoping that I can get a consensus and a time frame that we can agree upon.

Jim Lanza
MV Encore
Albin 40 Sundeck
Punta Gorda, FL
Mtnracerx
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: St. Petersburg

Post by Mtnracerx »

My crew and I would be interested in either location but Sarasota is a shorter jump from St. Petersburg for us!

Brett
Keith Wallace
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Port LaBelle, FL

Post by Keith Wallace »

We are open to any venue. Currently we are in fresh water in Port LaBelle, on the Caloosahatchee River. Maybe we can swing a deal with management for reduced rates here? Sarasota is two days' running from here at 6 kts. Pelican Bay is fun, but Matlacha is, too. Please keep us posted.
Last edited by Keith Wallace on Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Keith
MV Dead-A-Head
'72 Albin 25
Rabiss
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Port Charlotte Fl

Post by Rabiss »

Sarasota would be a nice trip.
Randy
06 Albin 28
tdsull
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Marblehead, MA

Post by tdsull »

We were in Sarasota at New Years at Marina Jack. I would love a redo in March. Minus the kids puking, the stop relay shorting out and running aground in the ICW. Pencil us in.
Tim
Louise ll
28 TE 2000 (6LP-STE)
RickLawrence
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Cape Coral, Florida

Post by RickLawrence »

We are considering Sarasota, so let's pick a date and see how that works.

Rick Lawrence
A-27 1983 AQUA-NAUT
Seabear
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Cape Elizabeth, Maine

Post by Seabear »

Ahoy. We are not Albin owners yet, but are very interested in exploring an Albin 25 power boat for a new chapter in our lives. A rendezvous would be a great place to meet you and other Albin owners to hear about how you like your boats. We would also love to rent one, or charter one with owner aboard, for a day or two to see if this boat is for us. (If so, we would then look for one to buy.) We are former sailboat liveaboards, now retired and living in Maine. Do let us know if we would be welcome at a rendezvous-vous, or if we can connect sometime this winter/spring in Florida, away from all this cold and ice in Maine. Thank you!
SeaBears Jacqueline and Bob Clark
207-400-6639
BarbWithey
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Ruskin, FL

Post by BarbWithey »

Sarasota sounds good, but not this year. We're still in dry dock and won't be ready to go much of anywhere until next year. Please keep us posted.

Barb Williams & Bill Young
"Traveler"
Ruskin, FL

Return to “9th Florida Rendezvous - TBD”