• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Baltimore bound

Albin Sightings! Where did you go, who did you meet?

Moderator: jcollins

Jeremyvmd
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Waretown nj

Baltimore bound

Post by Jeremyvmd »

So barring any major disasters (fingers crossed) me and the wife are planning a 8 day trip to Baltimore this September. We haven't planned it 100% but the plan at this time is day 1 make a jaunt down to AC for the night, possibly go fishing on the way at the garden state north wreck site. Day 2 will be a run down to cape may and dinner at the lobster house. Day three is the Chesapeake inn and marina. Then off to Havre de Grace and tidewater marina. then down to Baltimore for the last day of the run down. the run back up is a little quicker with the run from havre de grace to cape may then cape may to waretown. Should be a fun little trip and very similar to the trip we were planning when we struck something and the shaft got bent
1989 Viking 45C “Knot Crazy”
1998 Albin 28te "Shady Lady" *sold*
1999 seagull nautico 19 "Purrrspective" *sold*
Native watercraft prostaff
tdsull
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Marblehead, MA

Re: Baltimore bound

Post by tdsull »

That sounds like a good trip. My wife is from Maryland and I have tried to paint a similar picture to get her excited about trying two weeks out on the Chesapeake, she isn't quite bitting yet.

We are getting away for a few days on Monday with the kids so I can't complain. I have a co worker who routinely sails to Florida and he loves the ride up the Delaware across the canal and into the Chesapeake.
Tim
Louise ll
28 TE 2000 (6LP-STE)
JFaberMD
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Eden, MD

Post by JFaberMD »

When in September are you planning to run down here?
Josh F.
1998 Albin 28TE
"Muddy Duck”
Jeremyvmd
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Waretown nj

Post by Jeremyvmd »

Unfortunately due to circumstances beyond my control I have had to cancel this trip. Dealing with an overheating issue. Still holding out hope we can get it sorted by sat but the plan was to shove off this sat
1989 Viking 45C “Knot Crazy”
1998 Albin 28te "Shady Lady" *sold*
1999 seagull nautico 19 "Purrrspective" *sold*
Native watercraft prostaff

Return to “Cruising”