• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Lake Champlain to marathon FL in an A27

Albin Sightings! Where did you go, who did you meet?

Moderator: jcollins

dscott
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Burlington, VT

Re: Lake Champlain to marathon FL in an A27

Post by dscott »

Time for an update. Spent 3 days hiding from remnants of hurricane Michael then onto the dismal swamp. Wasn’t paying attention and drifted into a log while waiting for the lock to open. Weird vibration afterwards. Stopped in at belhaven nc for a quick look. Found some trouble and after two weeks are finally back going south. Currently in swansboro nc. Weather is beautiful and seafood plentiful. Pretty badly hit by hurricane Florence though.
Dean Scott
Kestral
'84 A27FC Peugeot/Lehman 4D61
Burlington, VT
Nancy
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Lake Champlain

Post by Nancy »

Dean, good to hear from you. That stinks that a low-speed encounter with a log caused so much trouble. What a beautiful area to be stuck in though if it had to happen.
Nancy
2005 Albin 35CB
Yanmar 6LYA-STP 370
Valentine

Former boats
1995 Albin 28TE, Cummins 6BTA5.9 250, 2012-2022
1978 Trojan F32, 1998-2012
1983 Grady White 241 Weekender, 1988-1997
1980 Wellcraft 192 Classic, 1983-1987
bondboy
Deckhand
Deckhand
Home Port: Orwell VT

Post by bondboy »

I had just pulled in to Orwell with my 27fc when you were pulling out. I thought you were out of your mind taking that trip with the 27fc. I did the trip a few years earlier in a Nordhaven 46 . If you managed the nyc to cape May....then the worst was over

Return to “Cruising”