• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

2021 Chesapeake Rendezvous

Haven Harbor Marina
https://www.havenharbour.com/haven-harbour-marina

Moderators: DougSea, RobS

HerBoat35
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Cambridge MD

2021 Chesapeake Rendezvous

Post by HerBoat35 »

Any interest in getting together this year for a rendezvous?
Bayard & Gladys Taylor
35 Albin TE
Wake Up Call

Formally -
28 Albin TE Flush Deck
Friend Ship
Carl
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Oxford, MD

Re: 2021 Chesapeake Rendezvous

Post by Carl »

Are you volunteering? Heck yes!
28TE "Kozy L"
"How U Albin"
furball
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Chester, Md

Post by furball »

We’re in 👍
Chief
2005 31TE
Cummins 450

Formerly,
Transition
2006 28TE
Yanmar 6LP
DCatSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Alexandria VA

Post by DCatSea »

Sounds like a plan. Would CYC host us again? It was very good when we went for the Skipjack racing.
Doug and Georgia
"Mazboot" - 1984 27 FC #142
Lehman 4D61
Tribe 9.5 yak
Jackson STAXX-11 yak
Alexandria City Marina - F-03
DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Peoria, AZ USA

Post by DesertAlbin736 »

We hope to be on the Chesapeake some time after Labor Day this year.

HerBoat35, did we meet you guys when we were docked at the CYC basin in July, 2015? Hoping to make a stop there sometime on this year's fall cruise from Tonawanda, NY after transiting Erie Canal, Hudson River, NJ coast, Delaware Bay, & C&D Canal. Won't be until after Labor Day & hopefully before October 15.
0624150936 (2).jpg
DSCN2972.JPG
Erie to Chesapeake.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F
Gig Harbor Boatworks Nisqually 8 dinghy
Residence: Peoria, AZ
Homeport: Lake Pleasant, AZ & beyond
loubennett
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Annapolis, MD

Post by loubennett »

I really want a rendezvous this year and Cambridge Yacht Club is a great venue. We have gathered there twice in the past and the club has been most welcoming. If Bayard and Tinsley can get us on the calendar, I say go for it. We should take any weekend that works for the club. In the past we have tried to make our rendezvous early in the summer. That works well in normal years, but we are still living under Covid restrictions. The Governor is reducing those restrictions and hopefully that will continue. Later in the summer may be better. Over the next month or two, everyone will have had the opportunity to be vaccinated. I encourage everyone to get vaccinated if you haven’t already. Now you can just walk in to many pharmacies and get vaccinated without an appointment.

Bayard, Tinsley, I will help any way I can if you are willing to set this up with CYC.
Lou Bennett
2002 Albin 28 TE
Quest
Annapolis
DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DesertAlbin736 »

Having experienced the middle part of the Chesapeake, ie Nanticoke River from Blades, DE to Vienna & Bivalve, MD & over to Solomons, up St. Leonard's Creek to Vera's Beach Club & back over to Cambridge, Oxford, La Trappe Creek, & St. Michaels from June 22 to July 8 of 2015 I would say a near end-of-season fall rendezvous would be nice. Our mid summer impression of the Chesapeake was that it was mostly hot & muggy with some vicious thunderstorms, one reason we cut that cruise short to two weeks after having trailered our boat all the way from Arizona rather than our original plan to motor up the Potomac to DC in time for 4th of July. Summer is great if you have A/C on your boat & stay in marinas with shore power, but we don't have air conditioning & prefer to anchor out & "gunkhole" as much as possible.
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F
HerBoat35
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Cambridge MD

Post by HerBoat35 »

Geez, thanks for the vote of confidence! Just asking a question but glad to see the great response I got. I can definitely ask the Yacht Club. Right now they are currently in the process of bringing a new club manager on. Haven't met her yet as she's only working part-time until she finishes her commitments where she is currently working. The club is also working toward a full opening due to covid. The bar area is finally opening this weekend. The good news is we do have a great Fleet Captain that's very responsive. I can check with him. Last I heard all the 30 and 40 ft slips have been rented. I know of two that rent every year and they never put their boat in the water. There are 50 ft slips available. The other option would be for some to use slips at the city marina that is closest to the yacht club. FYI - CYC won the Boaters Choice 2020 Award and you can now rent a slip thru Dockwa or on the clubs website.
Anyway, we need to decide what a good time is for everyone and locate other marinas in case CYC doesn't work this year.

The best to all and hope to see you this year!
Bayard & Gladys Taylor
35 Albin TE
Wake Up Call

Formally -
28 Albin TE Flush Deck
Friend Ship
Jkraft
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Chestertown, MD

Post by Jkraft »

I am absolutely in , let me know what I can do to help. I am good to go pretty much anywhere. Just don't pick the weekend of October 15th lol
USCG 100 Ton Master

Current boat:
"New Classic"
2006 31TE / Hull# 221
Cummins QSC 8.3 / 500 hp

Previous boats:
2002 28 TE with 315 Yanmar “Hair Of The Dog”
Nickyruggs
Deckhand
Deckhand
Home Port: Tilghman Island, MD

Post by Nickyruggs »

This sounds fun. We are on Tilghman Island and this is year 2 on our Albin. So meeting up with others would be a fun time.
Nick & Marcy Ruggiero

Trolling Rock
35 TE
Knaps Narrows Marina
DCatSea
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DCatSea »

Count us in. CYC would be a super venue.
Doug and Georgia
Lehman 4D61
Tribe 9.5 yak
Jackson STAXX-11 yak
BRISWISH
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Middle River, Maryland

Post by BRISWISH »

Hey all - I am a newbie; haven't posted a new member intro yet! I am under contract on a 2004 Albin 28 TE Flush Deck and plan finalizing the sale and bringing it home to Maryland Marina in Middle River by early June. Not going to post my new member intro and pics until after title is transferred... Superstitious. lol. But I am breaking my rule slightly with this reply because it looks like you are looking for boat count to plan. I can pretty much go anywhere, just am unavailable from Oct 8th - 15th. If the rendezvous occurs outside of those dates, please count me in.

Looking forward to becoming a very active member in this awesome community and connecting with many of you on the Chesapeake.

Best!
Brian
Brian Swisher
2004 Albin 28 Flush Deck w/ 315 Yanmar - "Unleashed"
Ambler27FC
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Patuxent River, MD

Post by Ambler27FC »

I will be in if the timing is right. Cambridge is one of one of my favorite stops. Believe you have to look closely for the split between the city marina (which I’ve always used) and CYC.
DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DesertAlbin736 »

Cambridge is one of one of my favorite stops.
Was one of our favorite stops in 2015 too. We did see a pair of 28TE's docked there. Besides the yacht club docks we tied up one night on the free town dock in the turning basin. Hope to be back there again sometime in the fall toward the end of our cruise down from Tonawanda, NY. We were there in Cambridge for July 4th, 2015 but a storm had come through & fireworks got postponed until the next night. So we motored over to St. Michaels the back way via Broad Creek & San Domingo Creek to anchor in 3 ft of water by the waterfront park at the end of W. Chew Ave and got to see their fireworks on the 4th which went on as planned, then motored back to Cambridge the next day to see their fireworks on the 5th, so got to see two sets of fireworks. In 2019 we spent July 4th anchored in Fishermans Bay, Lopez Island, Washington in the San Juans.
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F
DCatSea
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DCatSea »

We may have to bring our new puppy. She's a Boykin Spaniel and apparently they like all things water. Looking forward to this.
Doug and Georgia
Lehman 4D61
Tribe 9.5 yak
Jackson STAXX-11 yak

Return to “15th Chesapeake Rendezvous - September 25th.”