• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

2021 Chesapeake Rendezvous

Haven Harbor Marina
https://www.havenharbour.com/haven-harbour-marina

Moderators: DougSea, RobS

just sayin_dan
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: St Leonard, MD

Re: 2021 Chesapeake Rendezvous

Post by just sayin_dan »

Just Sayin is in for a Rendezvous in Cambridge. We missed seeing everyone the last 2 years. Just pick a date and we will plan to attend!!

Dan & Ann Crain
Just Sayin, 1999 28TE
BRISWISH
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Middle River, Maryland

Post by BRISWISH »

DCatSea wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 7:11 pm We may have to bring our new puppy. She's a Boykin Spaniel and apparently they like all things water. Looking forward to this.
Fun! I plan on bringing my 2.5 year old Golden Retriever and 10 year old mut. They both love the water!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Brian Swisher
2004 Albin 28 Flush Deck w/ 315 Yanmar - "Unleashed"
DCatSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Alexandria VA

Post by DCatSea »

771B6B83-F648-4CDF-AB84-341018904F6C.jpeg
Sweet deckhands. Daisy will also enjoy meeting them.
BUT, she’s more into the spa life at the moment.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Doug and Georgia
"Mazboot" - 1984 27 FC #142
Lehman 4D61
Tribe 9.5 yak
Jackson STAXX-11 yak
Alexandria City Marina - F-03
Jkraft
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Chestertown, MD

Post by Jkraft »

Hey all, just checking in. Do we have any update on a potential date?
USCG 100 Ton Master

Current boat:
"New Classic"
2006 31TE / Hull# 221
Cummins QSC 8.3 / 500 hp

Previous boats:
2002 28 TE with 315 Yanmar “Hair Of The Dog”
Mike
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Annapolis, MD

Post by Mike »

Any update on the rendezvous?
Time Out Annapolis
Jkraft
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Jkraft »

Hi all, I just wanted to give you an update- It seems that Cambridge is fully booked. At this point the potential options are as follows....

Haven Harbor Marina (Rock Hall, MD) - I have confirmed that they could take us either the weekend of 9/24 OR the weekend of 10/9

Castle Harbor Marina (Kent Narrows, MD) - Waiting on a call back but it sounds promising

Knapps narrows marina (Tilghman, MD) may be able to accommodate us if we pick a date and we confirm slip availability but are not taking block reservations

Herrington Harbor North (Tracy's Landing, MD) - Waiting on a call back.

Chestertown Marina is the last of the options and said they could work something out as well.

The date potential date ranges at this time are between September 10th - October 8th.

It is in the works. I will update as I get calls back.
USCG 100 Ton Master

Current boat:
"New Classic"
2006 31TE / Hull# 221
Cummins QSC 8.3 / 500 hp

Previous boats:
Jkraft
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Jkraft »

Jkraft wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 1:48 pm Hi all, I just wanted to give you an update- It seems that Cambridge is fully booked. At this point the potential options are as follows....

Haven Harbor Marina (Rock Hall, MD) - I have confirmed that they could take us either the weekend of 9/24 OR the weekend of 10/9

Castle Harbor Marina (Kent Narrows, MD) - Waiting on a call back but it sounds promising

Knapps narrows marina (Tilghman, MD) may be able to accommodate us if we pick a date and we confirm slip availability but are not taking block reservations

Chestertown Marina is the last of the options and said they could work something out as well.

The date potential date ranges at this time are between September 10th - October 8th.

As of now I told them to plan on (15) boats ranging between 27- 35 feet. If you are interested in doing this please send me a message with your boat length.

USCG 100 Ton Master

Current boat:
"New Classic"
2006 31TE / Hull# 221
Cummins QSC 8.3 / 500 hp

Previous boats:
BRISWISH
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Middle River, Maryland

Post by BRISWISH »

Jkraft wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 1:48 pm Hi all, I just wanted to give you an update- It seems that Cambridge is fully booked. At this point the potential options are as follows....

JB, you are AWESOME! I am still game. I can make any weekend in September and the first weekend of October work, but am planning a Disney trip with family the weekend of Oct 8th. Obviously, you can't cater to everyone's schedules, so if it needs to be 10/8 or 10/9 I will have FOMO, but won't be heartbroken. Keep me posted.
Brian Swisher
2004 Albin 28 Flush Deck w/ 315 Yanmar - "Unleashed"
loubennett
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Annapolis, MD

Post by loubennett »

Happy to see this seems to be gaining some momentum. I’m ok with any of the options mentioned. As the organizer for several past Albin rendezvous, I will give this advice. You can drive yourself nuts trying to accommodate the schedules and whims of others. While soliciting input is nice, ultimately you have to pick a date and place. Often the choice (for both date and place) is driven by availability. After announcing the choice, others will sign up, some who have not yet expressed interest. The sooner the announcement, the better.

Good luck. I hope this happens.
Lou Bennett
2002 Albin 28 TE
Quest
Annapolis
HerBoat35
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Cambridge MD

Post by HerBoat35 »

Hello All,
Just wondering if JKraft talked to anyone at the Cambridge Yacht Club? As I mentioned before the club is going thru a change over of staff. I office manager they hired did not work out so they are still in the process of hiring someone. The Fleet Captain in charge of scheduling the slips/docks has been out of the country on business. He is back and suppose to get back to
me when he has a chance to look at the calendar. I know there is a regatta there the weekend of Oct 2. I appreciate the time and effort JKraft has taken to find other options for the rendezvous as like everyone we would like to have one this year at any marina that is available. When I get the available dates I'll let you know - in the meantime JKraft please continue to check out other possibilities. The only weekend we could not attend is September 11th.
Looking forward to seeing everyone!
Gladys & Bayard
Bayard & Gladys Taylor
35 Albin TE
Wake Up Call

Formally -
28 Albin TE Flush Deck
Friend Ship
Jkraft
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Jkraft »

HerBoat35 wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 1:27 pm Hello All,
Just wondering if JKraft talked to anyone at the Cambridge Yacht Club? As I mentioned before the club is going thru a change over of staff. I office manager they hired did not work out so they are still in the process of hiring someone. The Fleet Captain in charge of scheduling the slips/docks has been out of the country on business. He is back and suppose to get back to
me when he has a chance to look at the calendar. I know there is a regatta there the weekend of Oct 2. I appreciate the time and effort JKraft has taken to find other options for the rendezvous as like everyone we would like to have one this year at any marina that is available. When I get the available dates I'll let you know - in the meantime JKraft please continue to check out other possibilities. The only weekend we could not attend is September 11th.
Looking forward to seeing everyone!
Gladys & Bayard
Hey Bayard! I didn't speak to anyone at CYC, I had just figured it wasn't an option when you said that they only had 50' slips left. Let me know what you come up with or give me a call at 410-440-5917. We were just trying to get the ball rolling so people could plan dates and we could make sure we could fit everyone in. Out of the options I listed, it seems that Haven Harbor (Rock Hall) is the only one that is going to work out at this point. I am down for either location. Let me know what you find out!
USCG 100 Ton Master

Current boat:
"New Classic"
2006 31TE / Hull# 221
Cummins QSC 8.3 / 500 hp

Previous boats:
Carl
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Oxford, MD

Post by Carl »

Hey Bayard, John and I have been communicating with J about the rendezvous, and in fact kinda talked him into volunteering. Figured it would be great to have some new blood, and he was interested. Your original post led us to believe timing wasn’t right for CYC with everything going on. We have talked to and visited several marinas and it sounds like things are filling up fast. J was testing the waters and throwing things out there. Let us all know what you find as you have suggested so we can get something set in stone.
28TE "Kozy L"
"How U Albin"
DCatSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Alexandria VA

Post by DCatSea »

Anywhere is good with me. HHN would be a bit of a let down - its only 500 yards from my slip at Shipwright. Tilghman is nice, and Chestertown is on our bucket list. Oh heck - anywhere would be good as long as its dog and Doug friendly.
Doug and Georgia
"Mazboot" - 1984 27 FC #142
Lehman 4D61
Tribe 9.5 yak
Jackson STAXX-11 yak
Alexandria City Marina - F-03
HerBoat35
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by HerBoat35 »

Hello everyone. Finally got an answer from the Fleet Captain. The weekends available at CYC are September 18, September 25 and October 9. Please let me know if you still want to have the rendezvous in Cambridge so I can lock in a date otherwise ‘J’ can continue to look for other options.

**. Please note that while CYC Is dog friendly, dogs are not allowed inside the club nor are they allowed inside the gazebo.
Bayard & Gladys Taylor
35 Albin TE
Wake Up Call

Formally -
28 Albin TE Flush Deck
Friend Ship
HerBoat35
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by HerBoat35 »

Hello again, just realized that the weekend of September 18 is Ironman in Cambridge. While it does not interfere with boating it does bring 5,000 people to town from all over the world. The restaurants will be packed with long lines.
Bayard & Gladys Taylor
35 Albin TE
Wake Up Call

Formally -
28 Albin TE Flush Deck
Friend Ship

Return to “15th Chesapeake Rendezvous - September 25th.”