• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Fish Box Insulation or Canyon Bag?

Moderator: RobS

Alan_Douville
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Saint Joseph Michigan, Pier 33

Fish Box Insulation or Canyon Bag?

Post by Alan_Douville »

Any of you guys struggling with keeping fish cold in your fish box? I am debating a simple way to keep them cool longer, I have insulation but it is not cutting it on really hot days on the open water. Thinking about stuffing a Canyon Bag in my fish box vs adding insulation. Also, my Fish Box takes forever to drain out and I have blasted it with a garden hose to make sure nothing was clogged in there. Anybody else struggle with that and have any clever ways to improve drainage flow? Thanks! August and King Salmon are a mess on my boat, trying to figure out how to do it better, cleaner and cooler.
Alan

2008 28 Albin TE NE
Valkyrie
St. Joseph MI.
Hull Number: AUL 28 942 H 708
Tom Cunningham
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: San Diego-Mulege

Re: Fish Box Insulation or Canyon Bag?

Post by Tom Cunningham »

We use a larger kill bag on the swimstep and then also the Polar soft coolers in the transom compartments...works very well...Tom.

Return to “Fishing”