• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

2012 US Open King Mackerel Tournament

Moderator: RobS

Chris & Dale

2012 US Open King Mackerel Tournament

Post by Chris & Dale »

Well Steel Hers was in her 1st US Open King Mackerel Tournament here in Southport, NC, on Oct 5th and 6th. Fantastic weather, plentiful bait, 408 boats participating, and we put a teenager in the boat on the 1st day (37" & 17.1 lbs) which was enought to get in line for the weigh in. 2nd day nothing but a 6 1/2 lb spanish, which is in my freezer. At one point we were around the Cape Fear sea bouy w/a little over 200 other boats, nicknamed the parking lot. Crazy!! Here's a few pictures of us heading for the weigh in on day 1.
028.JPG
042.JPG
DSCF3526.JPG
1st tournament - put blood on the deck, fish in the box, didn't run out of bait or beer....a good time was had by all!!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
loubennett
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Annapolis, MD

Re: 2012 US Open King Mackerel Tournament

Post by loubennett »

Chris
I'm not a fisherman, but that sounds like a wonderful day. Congratulations on the catch and its always nice to have the pictures.
Lou Bennett
2002 Albin 28 TE
Quest
Annapolis

Return to “Fishing”