• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Albin fishing in Maine this September?

Moderator: RobS

paulamaxim
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Stonington, Maine

Albin fishing in Maine this September?

Post by paulamaxim »

Looking to do sport fishing in Maine this fall with our Albin 28. We are located in Stonington, Maine.

Any luck? Suggestions?
1st Mate Paula Maxim & Capt. Tom Duarte
Burton
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Ellsworth, Maine

Re: Albin fishing in Maine this September?

Post by Burton »

I just saw this post, as we are new to spending some time on the site. It’s about September... some years later!

Of course there are the mackerel. Rarely the bluefish. A few weeks ago our son caught a nice striper in the Union River near the bay. To get much else, according to friends— it takes a run to Mt Desert Rock. One of our friends dumped a bunch of pig blood in the water there and had a shark pass under their 40’ lobster boat—they swear it was as long as the boat is wide. An acquaintance has had good fishing there, too— but I can’t recall what he was catching. We have found the mackerel are very good done in the smoker—Alaskan candy style.

Return to “Fishing”