• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Albin Rendezvous

Solomon's Island, Maryland
Special thanks to Butch and Jim Smith
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Albin Rendezvous

Post by jcollins »

Let's start throwing some ideas around. Raft-up or at a Marina? Or someone's waterfront home?
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
Russell
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Stuart, FL

Post by Russell »

I would be up for either one as long as it is in a central location and before the really hot weather in July. A marina in a popular spot like St. Michaels or Annapolis would offer shore activities but a raft up can offer good swimming, parties etc. I would be looking forward to meeting other Albin owners as the best part anyway. Russ
Russ
2005 Flush Deck
Honey Girl
Volvo D6-310
Stuart FL
StockHR
Gold Member
Gold Member

Rendezvous

Post by StockHR »

I would opt for a raft up. I think going to a marina adds additional costs that many boaters try to avoid. Swan Creek just off Rock Hall is always a nice protected spot and the town is a short dingy ride away with all of the necessary facilities available. I'll try be at either a marina or raft up but lets try to keep it simple. Mike
Veebyes2
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Bermuda

Post by Veebyes2 »

If it is the weekend of 6/2 there is a possiblity that we could attend. We are returning to the Eastern Shore that weekend, in a RV, but just for a few days.
1996 A32 'S' Type
Bermuda

1986 A27AC 1986-2000
34' 5th wheel trailer
VP9KL (IRLP node #7995)
AlMar
Gold Member
Gold Member

summer 07

Post by AlMar »

My vote is for the deltaville/reedville area. Less traffic, beautiful area. A long weekend, maybe as late as Memorial day would give folks a chance to stop off at Tangier.
AlMar
Richard
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Richard »

I vote for a raft up. Late May/Early June before the heat and the nettles hit would be best. There are lots of great spots here on the Wye River but anywhere on the Bay will work for us. One good thing about the Wye is that it is close to St Michaels which has a lot of things to see and do including a great museum.
Richard
Albin Owner Emeritus
bnoft

Post by bnoft »

I'd be interested in either style, but those without gensets or inverters may have a tougher time at a raft. Fishing Bay at Deltaville is a great spot for a raft, plenty of protected water and a mid-bay location, but night life is limited to Cocomo's on Broad Creek, off the Rappahannock. There are other rafting possibilities in this area.
Certainly the St Michael's area offers more things to do, as would Solomon's, which is more mid bay. Any thoughts on Oxford? All three offer tie ups and some rafting potential.
chiefrcd
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Deltaville, VA

Post by chiefrcd »

I'm in....date dependant and of course weather. I like a Marina near by where ever we do it as I don't have a gen set or use inverters but... I can tough it out for a couple of nights on the hook if necessary.
Albin 28TE "Southwind"
AlMar
Gold Member
Gold Member

rendezvous 2007

Post by AlMar »

Maybe the Albin dealer at Deltaville can work with us for a summer weekend. Andrew, would Albin subsidize us/them for a gathering? It would make a nice showplace for a variety of Albins.
AlMar
bnoft

Post by bnoft »

I can't speak for Chesapeake Yacht Sales (D'ville dealer), but I bet they'd love to have us around. I keep Amazing Grace there and will be talking with Lew in a few days anyway so I'll bring it up. I do know that transient dockage can be challenging at his marina as he has a full house of "residents".
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Post by jcollins »

I've never made the run to Deltaville. So I'm in for that. On the hook or at a marina. I don't have a genset either but I do carry a Honda portable.
Getting a dealer to sponsor would be nice. We tried it last year at North Atlantic Marine Group next to the bridge but it didn't come together.

How far is Deltaville from the bay bridge?
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
bnoft

Post by bnoft »

About 100 miles, I figure Solomon's is about half way.
AlMar
Gold Member
Gold Member

bay bridge

Post by AlMar »

John; don't forget that we "southerners" call the "real" Bay Bridge, the "Bay Bridge" 8) Youse guys up north just have a connecting link :lol:
AlMar
apage

re: Chesapeake Rendezvous

Post by apage »

Hi All:

Albin will not subsidize a rendezvous. Deltaville, if possible, would probably very much like to sponsor something depending on availibility and I will help out any way that I can.

I suggest contacting Lew and letting him know intentions.

I hope this info helps.

Thanks,

Andrew @ Albin
Butch
In Memorium
Home Port: St Michaels,Md.

half way

Post by Butch »

as much as St Michaels would be convenient, I opt for Solomons. it would be great to motor down w/ the guys from the North and I am sure the same goes from those in the South...Downside is those coming by car ,plane , or train, tuff to get to unless there are some Naval Pilots in the group..

Return to “Chesapeake Albin Pre-Rendezvous 2007 - Another Great First Event”