• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Chesapeake Pre-Rendezvous

Solomon's Island, Maryland
Special thanks to Butch and Jim Smith

All those in Favor

Poll ended at Tue Mar 27, 2007 11:40 am

Aye
100%
Nay
No votes

Total votes: 5

jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Chesapeake Pre-Rendezvous

Post by jcollins »

<<<Post originally from Butch>>>

Let us get together sometime over the weekend Of June 21,22,23,24 in Solomons...(Arrival time is up to the individual and weather), those who want to get a slip, lets use the Spring Cove Marina and there are plenty of anchorages to hang a hook and the Holiday Inn is nearby for those traveling by Car, and there is a restaurant on site. After we get together, we can then plan a more formal Rendezvous that Fall or next year w/ T shirts , meetings, dinners, maintenance discussions, Albin Representation, etc, etc...All in favor say, Aye..Are there any Nays?
Last edited by jcollins on Wed May 23, 2007 10:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
bnoft

Post by bnoft »

aye
Butch
In Memorium
Home Port: St Michaels,Md.

Solomons

Post by Butch »

John I liked the way you set the tally..LOL
Veebyes2
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Bermuda

Post by Veebyes2 »

Is anyone going to shake the bushes over at the Yahoo Albin group? I believe they have more than one or two Chesapeake people there who might be interested.
1996 A32 'S' Type
Bermuda

1986 A27AC 1986-2000
34' 5th wheel trailer
VP9KL (IRLP node #7995)
jcollins
In Memorium

Post by jcollins »

Veebyes2 wrote:Is anyone going to shake the bushes over at the Yahoo Albin group? I believe they have more than one or two Chesapeake people there who might be interested.
Good idea Doug. I'll post a note over there.
Last edited by jcollins on Mon Feb 26, 2007 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
John
DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Safe Harbor - Essex Island Marina, Essex, CT

Post by DougSea »

jcollins wrote:
Veebyes2 wrote:Is anyone going to shake the bushes over at the Yahoo Albin group? I believe they have more than one or two Chesapeake people there who might be interested.
Good idea Doug. I'll post a note over there. .
<edit> :wink: can you post something about the NE rendezvous at the same time?
Doug
Sonny IV
2006 35TE Convertible, Volvo D6-370's
Former owner - Sonny III, 1997 28TE with "The BEAST"
jcollins
In Memorium

Post by jcollins »

I sent a note to Tim, the admin over there, about both rendezvous.
Last edited by jcollins on Fri Mar 09, 2007 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
John
AlMar
Gold Member
Gold Member

rendezvous

Post by AlMar »

We're going to do a test run downn the ICW in early june, weather permiting. If everything shakes out well, we hope to make it up late 22, leaving early 24.
AlMar
Butch
In Memorium

Chesapeake Owners Rendezvous Details June 22-24, 2007

Post by Butch »

Thank you for being patient and here are the basic plans. We are expecting between 5-10 boats at the Spring Cove Marina port side of the Back River just before the Holiday Inn. You must make your own reservations at 2.15 /foot and 5.00 for 30 Amp service. Spring Cove number is 410 326 2161 or ch 68. This marina was chosen because it is convenient to all the amenties of Solomon Islands. We are hoping that we will have members arriving by car and staying at the Holiday Inn adjacent to the marina. Solomon's is 1 1/2 hours by car from the BWI Airport. We also think that the marina is close to any boats that would anchor . Good anchorage is north of the Marina across from the Holiday Inn. The Inn has a dinghy beach and there is a Taxi service at $2-3 per person depending on locationChanel 68 or Ph 301 672 5185. This marina has a pool, Internet access, restaurant, ship stores and walking distance to most major locations. If we have 5-10 at the Hotel, 5-10 at the Anchorage,and 5-10 at the Marina, we shall have 15-30 members at this time. Again it is IMPORTANT that each member make their own reservation ASAP. My wife Mary and I and our boat the MARY B are looking forward to meeting the membership of the ALBIN OWNERS ASSOCIATION . IT WILL BE A GREAT TIME. See you in June
jcollins
In Memorium

Post by jcollins »

Butch,
Thanks for taking the lead on this. I will get my reservation in this week.
John
chiefrcd
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Deltaville, VA

Post by chiefrcd »

Reservations made, I think we'll be arriving on Thursday the 21st. and we'll be leaving on Sunday morning. Looking forward to a fun weekend. 8)
Albin 28TE "Southwind"
Richard
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Chesapeake Owners Rendezvous Details June 22-24, 2007

Post by Richard »

Butch wrote:Thank you for being patient and here are the basic plans. We are expecting between 5-10 boats at the Spring Cove Marina port side of the Back River just before the Holiday Inn. You must make your own reservations at 2.15 /foot and 5.00 for 30 Amp service. Spring Cove number is 410 326 2161 or ch 68. This marina was chosen because it is convenient to all the amenties of Solomon Islands. We are hoping that we will have members arriving by car and staying at the Holiday Inn adjacent to the marina. Solomon's is 1 1/2 hours by car from the BWI Airport. We also think that the marina is close to any boats that would anchor . Good anchorage is north of the Marina across from the Holiday Inn. The Inn has a dinghy beach and there is a Taxi service at $2-3 per person depending on locationChanel 68 or Ph 301 672 5185. This marina has a pool, Internet access, restaurant, ship stores and walking distance to most major locations. If we have 5-10 at the Hotel, 5-10 at the Anchorage,and 5-10 at the Marina, we shall have 15-30 members at this time. Again it is IMPORTANT that each member make their own reservation ASAP. My wife Mary and I and our boat the MARY B are looking forward to meeting the membership of the ALBIN OWNERS ASSOCIATION . IT WILL BE A GREAT TIME. See you in June
Its getting closer!! Let's do a "roll call" to see who is planning on coming. I made my reservation today at Spring Cove Marina for Friday and Saturday nights. When I asked who else they had from the Albin Owners Group, they said that they only had one other boat so far - Butch's. If you are coming, please indicate if you are going to be at the marina, anchoring out or driving down (by land).
Richard
Albin Owner Emeritus
jcollins
In Memorium

Post by jcollins »

I'm in!
Richard and Butch, (and anyone else north of the Connecting Link)

We were talking about meeting at the mouth of the Miles? I'm assuming on Friday? If so, I'll set my reservation for a Friday afternoon arrival. If you guys email me you phone numbers I'll give you a call.
John
Butch
In Memorium

Re. Point of meeting

Post by Butch »

I am thinking 10AM at Bloody Point and R84 A on Friday. Will send cell and be on 16 and 72
chiefrcd
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Deltaville, VA

Post by chiefrcd »

So far the weather is looking pretty good....haven't seen the forecast for the latter part of the trip but Thur though Sat look ok. I'm still planning on leaving Thursday AM...hopefully arriving at Spring Cove around 1 PM.

Southwind on 16/68.
804-212-9652
Albin 28TE "Southwind"

Return to “Chesapeake Albin Pre-Rendezvous 2007 - Another Great First Event”