• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

toilet problem 2005 36 ft Albin ET

lauren
Mate
Mate
Home Port: craig, alaska

toilet problem 2005 36 ft Albin ET

Post by lauren »

The craft came from the east coast to Anacortes. It never had a reason to pump overboard. I am now in Alaska with the nearest pumping station hundreds of miles away in Canada.
I cannot find a valve or any indication of an outlet to pump overboard. Did they install them new with the capability? Anyone know where the flipper is? It is pretty crowded under the deck and I could be missing something. A flipper to allow for overboard would normally be in a pretty obvious easily accessed spot as it has to be off except in specific areas.

Howard, I noticed your reply to a question in this forum, so here is a picture of the new stainless work on the back of the boat.
topdog.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
catalina_mike
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Dana Point

Re: toilet problem 2005 36 ft Albin ET

Post by catalina_mike »

A overboard discharge pump / macerator can be factory or added easily. Does your 12 vdc panel have a breaker for one? Mine was installed without a Y valve but works fine. Look towards the bottom of the holding tank and follow the hose or hoses as a starting place to see if a pump can be found.
Silverton 2007 36C
Sold - Albin 1999 28TE
SSI Instructor 13937
SDI / TDI Instructor 18172
USCG 100 Ton near coastal
joreyn
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Port Ludlow, WA

Post by joreyn »

You should have a dc breaker labeled "macerator." Next, there is a black rubber momentary switch near the breaker panel.
Last there is a thru hull valve that must be open.

The valve is located way down in the bilge under the floor panel forward of the salon door. When you open the hatch, you'll easily see the large yellow handle for the starboard raw water intake. Less obvious is the smaller blue handle to the macerator thru hull. It's there though. Take a flashlight down there.

The thru hull is practically in the bottom of the bilge. The discharge is underwater.
Blue Moon
1999 36 Express Trawler
joreyn
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by joreyn »

Two other observations.

The Jabsco pump for discharging the holding tank will fail. With normal use they last 3 - 5 years. When the time comes to replace it I recommend a bellows type pump such as the ones made by SeaLand.

Second, not to worry that there is no Y valve. That's actually a good thing, and the setup on the Albin fully complies with the requirements.
Blue Moon
1999 36 Express Trawler
AK_Albin36
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Whittier, Alaska

Post by AK_Albin36 »

If you have a drill pump, you can snake a 1/2 suction hose down the overboard suction line from the deck, and pump most of it overboard that way. Not a great solution, but works in a pinch if you don't have access to a pump out station.

Can you post your boat's name, year, hull number, engine config, and color? Or PM me the info... and I'll add it to the 36 ET hull registry list, if I don't already have your info.
Last edited by AK_Albin36 on Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
2004 Albin 36 ET "EvenTide"
Single Cat 3126B 450
Whittier, Alaska
joreyn
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by joreyn »

You might want to check the thru hull. Since it is underwater, it is prone to getting clogged with marine growth.
Blue Moon
1999 36 Express Trawler
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Anacortes Marina, Anacortes, Wa

Post by whwells »

Lauren: Just saw your picture posts. You have made a fine fishing machine out of the 36 Express Trawler. May have to buy it back from you if the head issue does not get worked out. Great job.
Lookng forward to a fishing trip abroad. We are not in No. Cal. going to have a salmon season maybe even for 3-4 years. I still have not found a replacement boat - but have the itch.
I am missing the PNW Rendevous for lack of a boat Again?
Howard

Return to “36' Express Trawler, 40' North Sea Cutter, 26' Center Console”