• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Opinion on Albin 40 North Sea Cutter

tomcat
First Mate
First Mate

Re: Opinion on Albin 40 North Sea Cutter

Post by tomcat »

yhc, I don't remember if I told you the hull #.According to the key ring, our 2006 is # 001. Are you cruisin' yet?!?!?
Tom Nolin
40'NSC
Bennington, Vermont
yhc
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Whittier, AK

Post by yhc »

I wish but the boat is still in California as I write this, Tom. She is getting outfitted w/ electronics and routine maintenance is being performed . We are making an arrangement to get her up to Tacoma in April. Then in May we will bring her up the Inside Passage to Alaska.

Regards,

yhc
SANDY FINK

Post by SANDY FINK »

HI, I'am also looking into putting a bid on a 40 nsc. How did your research take you. I posted a request but no response yet, any help!
Mariner
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Mariner »

Sandy,

Yhc took delivery of his 40' NSC a couple months ago and promptly cruised it up to Alaska.
rjclarbac@gmail.com
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Chester CT

Post by rjclarbac@gmail.com »

Am looking at a $(NSC with a Volvo Penta turbo diesel (D6 3700). Any comments or news about this engtine would be greatly appreciated! RJC
tbnolin
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Stuart,FL

Post by tbnolin »

Hey there RJC !
We had a NSC for a few years and enjoyed it tremendously! However, we had twin 370 Cummins.....so that really does not help you much....sorry. It is currently located on the West coast. Good luck with your search! Need any other help....give me a holler!

Tom
It's all about relaxation :)

Former owner of a 2006 40' NSC
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Center Moriches, NY

Post by RobS »

Interesting, I did not know that Albin put the Cummins 6BTA 370 (mechanical) in that boat. And she was a 2006, that was late for a new build to not be tier II, not sure of the exact dates on those changes... Actually I was only aware of the Yanmar 6LY power. As to the Volvo D6 370, and any common rail injection engine, SUPER CLEAN fuel is a must.
Last edited by RobS on Wed Aug 19, 2020 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
1974 Chris Craft 36' Commander Tournament
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)
"TOY-RIFIC" 2000 28TE, 6LP, Hull 408

Luck is the residue of good design.
AnalogMan
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Rhode Island

Post by AnalogMan »

To resurrect this older thread, I also saw what I think is the same 40 NSC listed for sale on yachtworld.

If anyone might have seen this boat in person, I would be grateful for any observations you might have on it. I would also greatly appreciate any comments anyone might have on the Volvo D6 370 engines in the boat. Though I've owned 13 boats in my life, I've never had Volvo engines and have always avoided them because of my perception of their reputation as being expensive to maintain.

Thank you!
WillieC
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Hood Canal, WA

Post by WillieC »

AnalogMan, if you haven't already seen this, there are some comments on the D6 here:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=11444
Biplanebob
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Wilmington NC

Post by Biplanebob »

I am trying to get more information on a 2006 40 NSC. It is Cummins powered and I am interested in the boat for a Great Loop Cruise, but would also like to consider taking it to St .Croix USVI where my wife and I lived aboard a Hardin 44 Ketch for 14 years.
My question is the main fuel tanks have been replaced but the aft tank was abandoned so the fuel capacity has been reduced to 290 gals.
Is the aft tank accessible? How hard would it be to replace it?
I would like to thank you in advance for the information
Bob
marko
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: New Bern, NC

Post by marko »

I don't know about the NSC as I have a 36ET with Cummins engines. I live in Wilmington but the boat is in New Bern. You can see if Tom (tbnolin) per above is still active as he could be very helpful.
Chappelear2020
Mate
Mate
Home Port: Highland Beach Florida

Post by Chappelear2020 »

We love our 2006 N.Sea cutter. We've been original owners. It's seaworthy and when we arrive at a dock everyone comments on how beautiful it is. Got a specific question??? Maggie
lfrios19
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Jensen Beach FL

Post by lfrios19 »

I am interested in an Albin 40 NSC with 5.9 Cummins and curious what the mpg/performance is at different rpms and knots.

Return to “36' Express Trawler, 40' North Sea Cutter, 26' Center Console”