• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

NSC 40 Gray water pump?

JerseyNSC40
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Mantoloking, NJ

Re: NSC 40 Gray water pump?

Post by JerseyNSC40 »

Glad we were able to help another Scotsman, you are right that box is tough but it is also a really good sump pump, I replaced the Rule pump in there once too.
Add a walk around squirt of all your check valves, give them a huge dose of WD40 when out of water (here it is Spring, you poor people get to boat 12 months!). It can also be "influenced" with a hammer from the inside too. The fittings are metal and take a good wack if needed.
Keep me posted on your progress, I know you will be very pleased with the handling of the seas.
Craig
AlbinNSC40
Craig
tbnolin
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Stuart,FL

Post by tbnolin »

Glad to hear you were able to get things straightened around.....happy cruising!

Craig, I think you should venture down the coast for a winter...that way you too can be a year rounder!! :)
It's all about relaxation :)

Former owner of a 2006 40' NSC
JerseyNSC40
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Mantoloking, NJ

Post by JerseyNSC40 »

would like to try that run some day Tom for the winter. How many days did it take you? I remember it was an eventful trip!!
I run more at 2600- 2900 rpms about 16-18 knots was trying to estimate my fuel cost to FL??
Craig
AlbinNSC40
Craig
Mariner
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Mariner »

This is very interesting. I've never heard of a boat with a grey water tank. It doesn't seem like a bad idea, necessarily, but perhaps because some of the drains are below the waterline?
tbnolin
First Mate
First Mate

Post by tbnolin »

I know a couple of lakes up north, one being Champlain did not allow gray water in the Lake. No discharges at all. In fact, not that it is enforced, all the thru the hull discharge outlets had to be silicone caulked . I was never bothered by any law enforcement while owning our 24' pocket cruiser. I almost think there are a couple areas on the upper Hudson that prohibit discharges. So a holding tank does come in handy in those circumstances.

BlueMoon
Deckhand
Deckhand
Home Port: Channel Islands Harbor, CA

Post by BlueMoon »

Hello,
Now we are the owners of Blue Moon Hull number one! Matt, my wife Seri and my dog Ben. Thank you so much for all of the info. Some really strange set ups for plumbing and electrics on this boat. We are in Channel Islands Harbor in Ventura County if any are near please say hello.
Shower and Gray water still won't discharge. Perhaps that pump failed again. The drawings and instruction manuals aren't too clear. Any help out there?
tbnolin
First Mate
First Mate

Post by tbnolin »

Hey Matt! I sent you a PM awhile ago. I had changed out the shower sump before selling. Have you read the previous posts on this thread? They may have an answer for you.

Return to “36' Express Trawler, 40' North Sea Cutter, 26' Center Console”