• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

bridge enclosure

vlathom
Deckhand
Deckhand
Home Port: annapolis, md

bridge enclosure

Post by vlathom »

I am thinking of having an enclosure of the bridge of a 36 ET made. Can anyone give me a estimated range of cost for doing this? The bridge is now open on the sides but has a canvas roof with good support poles.
Also, how much would this affect the rolling of the boat?
Engineer6
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Formerly Windmill Harbor, SC

Re: bridge enclosure

Post by Engineer6 »

Don't know about cost but our boat (now sold) had a fiberglass hardtop with aluminum support poles. The sides were enclosed with Isinglass panels. It did not affect rolling but with sides zipped up it produced more "windage". When open it did not seem to have much affect as weight is minimal compared to keel/ engine/hull.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
vlathom
Deckhand
Deckhand
Home Port: annapolis, md

Post by vlathom »

Thanks. Good to hear about rolling. I figured with the sides open, it would not have that much effect...but not sure. Did you ever take out into blue water; specifically, across the Gulf Stream to the Bahamas?
Engineer6
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Formerly Windmill Harbor, SC

Post by Engineer6 »

Did not take across. All travel was up and down ICW … went outside barrier islands but not more than 4-6 ft seas no problem.

Original owner had Naiad fin stabilizers added that greatly reduced rolling to nothing. Don't know cost he paid. Was estimated that there is drag that would detract from fuel economy but was not affecting speed or economy that we could tell.
photo attached
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.

Return to “36' Express Trawler, 40' North Sea Cutter, 26' Center Console”