• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

NEW OWNER! 1982 Albin 40 DC

SeaBoy
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Wickford, RI

NEW OWNER! 1982 Albin 40 DC

Post by SeaBoy »

Hey guys, super excited I found this forum. I've already got a ton of great info to start my Albin restoration. To Start off:

I need a new bed for the aft cabin as it does not have one... I am not currently not at the boat and won't be for awhile so is it a queen mattress? are the corners rounded? Im going to do a foam mattress so if it doesn't fit I'm just going to trim it down with a HF hot knife. Any recommendations for a latex mattress cover to help stop mildew?
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Re: NEW OWNER! 1982 Albin 40 DC

Post by jcollins »

Hello and welcome to Albin Owners Group. The 40 is a great boat. Since you have specific questions, I'm going to move your post over to The Classic Trawlers forum. Hope you get some answers there.
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
SeaBoy
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Wickford, RI

Post by SeaBoy »

Thank you jcollins!
mike66
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Warwick, RI

Post by mike66 »

Hi and welcome! We have an '86. Def a queen mattress but I'm sure you know that by now. I haven't checked in lately but good stuff here If you dig. We have a single SP135 and are in RI. Just finished painting the topside. Lots of leaks on these boats, but we really like ours
Mike and Sue Phillips
Warwick, RI
SUSAN HELENA 1985 40' Trawler
jashmen
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: bayville, nj

Post by jashmen »

The important thing is to look for something to go under the mattress to let it breathe.

Return to “36/37/40/43”