• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

New to me

GoneAway
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Ottawa

New to me

Post by GoneAway »

I am looking at a Sundeck 42 for purchase. I notice that at the stern of the boat there is a color change in the gel coat. At both corners of the stern there is a change from white hull too not quite as white. This is the same on both Port and Starboard sides with a vertical zone marking the change of tone that goes from deck to waterline. Is this a normal thing in models from the 80s or has anyone any idea of what it means.
jashmen
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: bayville, nj

Re: New to me

Post by jashmen »

Sorry no one responded sooner. Not sure what that is. I wonder if it thicker glass on the corners. What you decide with the 42?
Pitou
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Gloucester, MA

Re: New to me

Post by Pitou »

If the color change wraps around encompassing the entire transom as well, this would be indicative of a transom repair or replacement which in itself is not necessarily a negative, but a positive.
kevinS
>><<>>;>

Former Boats:

- 2006 31TE / Hull# 221
Cummins QSC 8.3 / 500 hp
December '13 - April '23

- 2002 / 28TE / Hull# 614
Cummins 6BTA 370 hp / Alaskan Bulkhead
April '04 ~ May '13

Return to “36/37/40/43”