• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

36' trawler rides nose down.

philenscoe
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Sturgeon Bay, WI

36' trawler rides nose down.

Post by philenscoe »

My 1986 36" trawler appears to ride nose down. Is that normal? Can anything be done?
mistyjim1
Mate
Mate
Home Port: Cave junction or

Re: 36' trawler rides nose down.

Post by mistyjim1 »

My tollycraft sat nose down when all the tanks were empty,
SelahWay
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Lake Champlain

Post by SelahWay »

My 36' 1980 does the same even with full tanks.
cdsailor
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: St Joseph

Post by cdsailor »

I've noticed that Molly, a '79 36, has an obvious bow-down attitude when her aft tanks are empty, but she sits level once her stern water tanks are full. Underway, she feels a bit lower in the bow, but a video of her underway doesn't suggest an overly bow-down position. It's safe to say she certainly doesn't squat in the stern.

I happen to have a video of her underway for reference. https://youtu.be/aSeTHqwkppc
jleonard
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Mystic, CT

Post by jleonard »

My 40 bows down to no one.
Seriously, it looks pretty level here. But if the water tanks are low and the dinghy isn't hanging, it that changes things a bit.
untitled.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Formerly
1983 40 Albin trunk cabin
Attitude Adjustment
Mystic, CT
ppmeis
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Marinette, WI

Post by ppmeis »

Mine also, I think they all do. One year after I had repainted the waterline, following the original outline I nearly caused the marina mechanic a heart attack when he glanced over and saw the forward waterline disappearing into the water. He thought she was going down in the bow! I saw a similar Albin on Washington Island who had "sort of" solved the problem by building a set of steps to the flybridge out of cement blocks.
Full fuel and water tanks and decent load helps for a while until 50 gallons of water is turned into sewage in the holding tank near the bow. I have thought of redoing the waterline but it won't flow with the lines of the boat. It is what it is... pete

Return to “36/37/40/43”