• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Purchasing 1987 Albin 36

dscott
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Burlington, VT

Purchasing 1987 Albin 36

Post by dscott »

I am a current Albin 27 owner and am looking for more room. I am considering an Albin 36 from 1987. The one I have looked at looks in good condition on the exterior and the teak deck has been removed and nonskid epoxy in its place. The original engine has been replaced by an American Marine Diesel currently with 1400 hrs. Original fuel tanks. Under most windows there is quite a bit of water damage causing delamination of the wood below and damage to the shelf directly below the window. I am wondering what a reasonable starting offer would be for this boat. Of course the offer would be contingent on passing a survey and no other major items showing up. Does anyone know what a boat in this condition actually sells for? I appreciate the help.

Thanks,
Dean Scott
Kestral
'84 A27FC Peugeot/Lehman 4D61
Burlington, VT
jleonard
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Mystic, CT

Re: Purchasing 1987 Albin 36

Post by jleonard »

Sounds like several positives and a few negatives. Is it a freshwater or saltwater boat?
$40 to 50K?
What are they asking on Yachtworld?
Formerly
1983 40 Albin trunk cabin
Attitude Adjustment
Mystic, CT
cdsailor
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: St Joseph

Post by cdsailor »

Dean,

There are far too many other variables to provide any meaningful recommendations about a starting offer based upon your description. Suffice it to say that Albin 36's can sell from mid-20s to high-60s depending upon condition, equipment, generator, A/C, electronics, and other systems.

If you'd like to provide more information, I suspect responses might help you better zero in on price.
jashmen
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: bayville, nj

Post by jashmen »

Is there a listing yet with pics? Sounds a lot like mine upgrade wise but 10 tears newer.
Nepidae
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Essington, PA

Post by Nepidae »

Did you buy the boat?
Calm seas,

Charles

Jane & Charles Williamson
m/v Nepidae
Albin 43 Sundeck
Nepidae.trawler@gmail.com
MTOA-3927
AGLCA - 12114 (ret)
Currently: On the Loop
Sebby
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Glasson Basin Marina

Post by Sebby »

Hi Dscott,

I can definitely answer all your questions. I have rebuilt a 36 classic trawler and I know all the weak spots.

Happy to open a conversation.

Sebastian
Boat-small.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
CaptainPaul
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Palm Coast

Post by CaptainPaul »

Hi Sebastian,
I am also going to look at an '87 36'. What are the weak spots I should look for?
Yours looks mighty sweet!
Regards,
Paul

Return to “36/37/40/43”