• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Andrew - Any feedback from Boat Basin?

Block Island, Rhode Island - Read about it here!
DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Safe Harbor - Essex Island Marina, Essex, CT

Andrew - Any feedback from Boat Basin?

Post by DougSea »

Hey Andrew,

Did you hear anything back from the owner of the Boat Basin? We seem to have some interest here and I'd like to start things rolling if we can get a good spot (and deal!)

Once we get an idea from the marina we'll put out some firmer dates for folks to consider.

(And thanks John for the 'sub' forum!)
Doug
Sonny IV
2006 35TE Convertible, Volvo D6-370's
Former owner - Sonny III, 1997 28TE with "The BEAST"
apage

re: Called today

Post by apage »

Hi Doug:

I called today for more info. I know they were away, but should be back by now. They are pretty good about getting back to me. I will post something when I know more.

Stay well!!!

Andrew @ Albin
apage

re: Boat Basin Plans

Post by apage »

Hi Doug:

Thanks for you patience. I spoke to Boat Basin today. Weekend of 6/8 is our best bet for June. Weekend of Sept 14 is best for fall.

In June, they can accomodate 25 or so boats on the inside docks. I told him many 28's and some bigger boats.

There is a race called "Off Soundings" that weekend. Big deal, but most of the boats draw too much to get inside.

If we want the 25 spots, we need to hold them with $2K or so. Not sure how to handle this. Maybe four people can pony up $500 each or something.

Normally, price is $3.75 per foot per night. As a group we can get $3.00. So for two nights for a 28' is $170.

I am working on a meal at an area venue. There is no tent this time of year. I can make some more calls, however.

I need to see whether people want organized dinner or simply want to fend for themselves.

That's what I know for now.

Please let me know your thoughts.

Thanks,

Andrew @ Albin
JackK
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Portsmouth, Rhode Island

Post by JackK »

Instead of a couple of people taking the risk on the deposit, Do we have enough people who are willing to book their reservation now? I'm more than willing to book it now. My vote would be to go for June and then if things go good, maybe another informal gathering in the fall would be ok too.

I hate to have people back out and leave anyone holding the bag.

Jack
Gold Member

I will

Post by RicM »

I will put up my $170 now.
Ric Murray

Big Time, 42' 1993 Jersey Sportfish
Formerly owned Time After Time, 2003 28TE
Wickford RI
apage

re: Rendezvous

Post by apage »

Hi All:

Let's see a show of hands of who's willing to send the check. If we can manage it this way, great. If the checks start trickling in, I bet I can hold the spots.

I am going to send out an e-mail to dealers encouraging participation. If any of you have the means (or inclination) to help get the word out by putting up a flyer at your local dealer or boatyard, great. We are going to need to finalize numbers in the short term.

I am "in" for June.

Let me know.

Thanks,

Andrew @ Albin
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Post by jcollins »

I can send them a burgee. That's worth 2k.
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
Denis
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Denis »

Andrew, My wife is still working at that time, she is a teacher and that is right in the middle of final exams. We could not go on friday night but we would commit to the saturday night. If one night is an option to hold a slip I would send you a check. Thanks, Denis
DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DougSea »

Trying to get the admiral on the phone - I am clearly not in charge of the schedule.

If the date's ok with her I'd be happy to make a reservation now. I'll get back on here soon with an update.

Thanks Andrew for helping move this along!
Doug
Sonny IV
DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DougSea »

Andrew - another thought - can you send an e-mail or note to local owners/dealers in the area? Point them to the site and the rendezvous? (You may already be doing this - it's in my consulting nature to ask anyway! :D )
Doug
Sonny IV

re: Word out

Post by Guest »

Hi Doug:

I am trying to do that. Unfortunately, our records are not in great order and getting e-mails (even names) of proud Albin owners is somewhat difficult. I am hoping to get the dealers to help spread the word. And, yes, if I can, I will try to contact people as well.

Very busy right now and going in 10 different directions. As I said in my other post, I am trying to get contact info so that people can reserve slips.

When I know more, I will let you know.

Thanks for your help.

Best,

Andrew @ Albin
DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: re: Word out

Post by DougSea »

Anonymous wrote:Hi Doug:

I am trying to do that. Unfortunately, our records are not in great order and getting e-mails (even names) of proud Albin owners is somewhat difficult. I am hoping to get the dealers to help spread the word. And, yes, if I can, I will try to contact people as well.

Very busy right now and going in 10 different directions. As I said in my other post, I am trying to get contact info so that people can reserve slips.

When I know more, I will let you know.

Thanks for your help.

Best,

Andrew @ Albin
Thanks Andrew! Look forward to getting the contact info for the Basin, along with anything we need to make sure they know we're part of the "Albin Rendezvous".

Cleared it with the admiral yesterday so I'm in for certain.
Doug
Sonny IV
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Post by jcollins »

Sharon and I are in! We'll drive up and hitch a ride with someone out to the island. Anyone know the B&B's there?
I've been looking here - http://www.blockislandreservations.com/ ... ations.htm
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
jleonard
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Mystic, CT

Post by jleonard »

http://www.blockisland.com/webcam/

A webcam looking out from the Boat Basin
Formerly
1983 40 Albin trunk cabin
Attitude Adjustment
Mystic, CT
Denis
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Denis »

John, you and Sharron are more than welcome to hitch a ride out with Sandy and I. We have gone out to the island for many years but I can't really help you with B&B's. There are many hotels etc. Check for a room at Champlins Marina, they have a motel right in the same harbor we will be going to. Denis

Return to “New England Albin Rendezvous 2007 - Great First Event”