• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

re: BI Rendezvous

Block Island, Rhode Island - Read about it here!
apage

re: BI Rendezvous

Post by apage »

Hi all:

I just called the Oar and made a reservation for 20 on Sat June 9 at 5pm (the only time that they would do it). 20 is a guesstimate. Please let me know if you guys want to do it. I said on the deck and they'll drop curtains and heat it if the weather is suspect. Payment . . .split the bill, go dutch, meal cap . . .you guys tell me how you want to handle it. And, no, there is no such Albin Am Ex or anything. Truthfully, I'll eat hot dogs and drink beer on the dock. So it's up to you.

Also, I will plan something else (cookout), lobster bake . . .whatever. But we need to get something going, now.

Please let me know your thoughts. I posted here to get the best response. I look forward to seeing all of you.

Best,

Andrew @ Albin
gerygarcia
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by gerygarcia »

Sounds good to me!

Count 2 (myself and Anne my wife) for the get together at the Oar.

I am up to any plans including a Lobster Bake, or possibly a "pot luck" get together for Saturday lunchtime (maybe) at the dock. (BBQ, salads and such) :D

I will be there Friday, so I you need me to help coordinate, let me know!

Gery Garcia
JackK
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Portsmouth, Rhode Island

Post by JackK »

Sounds good to me too. My brother and I are planning on fishing our way over sometime Friday.

Jack
former boat .. 2003 28 TE Flushdeck Dogonit
Mariner
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Mariner »

I'm actually heading East on June 9th. But by east I mean only about 500 miles to Spokane, WA for a BBQ cookout. I'll be a couple hundred miles from any water deep enough to float even a 28' TE, so I don't think I'll be able to make it.

We sure are lucky, however to have this kind of involvement from the manufacturer. I organize the annual Boston Whaler Owner's rendezvous up here in the Northwest and after a couple years of empty promises from the local Boston Whaler/SeaRay dealer, I've finally given up. They're clearly only interested in their customers up until the point that they sign on the dotted line. (I should clarify this applies only to the local dealer. Boston Whaler is very active in their owner's groups on the East coast).
Denis
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Denis »

Sandy and I will be there. A pot luck dinner on the dock sounds good to me. Everyone bring something to share plus whatever you like to eat and we can cook out on the dock and get to know everyone. If it works out better that we meet at the Oar that is fine with me also. We should be there saturday morning. We're looking forward to the trip and meeting everyone. Denis :lol:
Former Owner of
1994 28'TE
"Red Stripe"
ENDURANCE
Gold Member
Gold Member

Albin Rendezvous-count us in

Post by ENDURANCE »

We are planning on attending the gathering in Block Island on the 9th & 10th. If it is not too late, please count 2 in for gathering at the Oar!
Garth & Kim
ENDURANCE
2005 28 TE Flush Deck
Clinton, CT
Maye Marie
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Mystic River Marina Mystic Ct. Slipped

BI Rendezvous

Post by Maye Marie »

Karen my daughter Lindsey and I will be there. The Oar sounds great to me. I think a pot luck earlier Saturday is a great Idea. We will be there Friday evening. If there is anything you need help with let us know.
Terry & Karen Ober
28 TE
Maye Marie
Mystic Ct.
apage

re: New faces

Post by apage »

Hi all:

It looks like some new names are making the trip to BI. That's great. I am getting mixed signals about the Oar. Should we do an anonomous poll or something. I am not looking for more ways to spend money and it seems like people really do not prefer one over the other.

I am at a bit of a disadvantage as I am not going to have a boat and I will probably have my wife and two little ones in tow. Eating on the dock without a boat could pose some problems for me. I am not opposed to a pot luck and maybe I can find out if we can use the Oar's fire pits and picnic tables.

Please let me know your thoughts. I will check with the Oar about their facilities and report back.

Regards,

Andrew @ Albin
JackK
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Portsmouth, Rhode Island

Post by JackK »

Based on the varying number attending, The Oar sounds like a more flexible option to me.

Jack
former boat .. 2003 28 TE Flushdeck Dogonit
TonyAmalfitano

Post by TonyAmalfitano »

:cry: I CAN'T GO!! :cry:
Denis
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Denis »

Andrew, after hearing your concerns, I think the Oar is the best choice. I like that place and it will be a great place to meet and have dinner and drinks!
Count Sandy and I in! :lol:
Former Owner of
1994 28'TE
"Red Stripe"
DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Safe Harbor - Essex Island Marina, Essex, CT

Post by DougSea »

Hey Andy,

Great chatting with you today! I agree that the Oar sounds like a great plan. None of our boats is really that large that we could gather on a boat and spreading out on the docks might not work that well (although a pot luck / picnic for the smaller group that's there on Friday might be fun)

I'll re-post the list of folks arriving on Friday and Staurday again in the next day or so. Really looking forward to seeing everyone up there!
Doug
Sonny IV
2006 35TE Convertible, Volvo D6-370's
Former owner - Sonny III, 1997 28TE with "The BEAST"
tomcat rio

i should be there

Post by tomcat rio »

leaving mattituck on friday mid mourning.
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Post by jcollins »

I hope you guys take alot of pictures. Sorry I can't make it.
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"

Return to “New England Albin Rendezvous 2007 - Great First Event”