• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Counting down!

Block Island, Rhode Island - Read about it here!
DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Safe Harbor - Essex Island Marina, Essex, CT

Counting down!

Post by DougSea »

Hi all,

I've been looking forward to this rendezvous for months! Can't believe it's almost here!

I went through the various posts and came up with the following list of folks/boats attending. I also included your 'vote' on the Saturday dinner at the Oar if I could find one for you. A few of you are only referenced by your forum name, if you don't mind please reply to the post with your and your boat-mates names, I'll print out a copy for everyone Thursday night before I leave. (I'm HORRIBLE with names so I need a cheat sheet!)

If anyone wants to exchange cell phone numbers, estimated arrival times, etc., please PM me or send a note to me at cdouglascampbell@hotmail.com, so far I just have mine and Andy Page's and somewhere in my e-mail I think I've got either Jack K's or Ric M's. Kathy and I are leaving Norwalk by 10 Friday and should be at Block in 5 hours or so.

Keep your fingers crossed on the weather and bring a jacket!

See you all soon!

Attendees, Boat, Days/Nights staying, Vote for Oar on Saturday

Doug and Kathy Campbell, 28TE - Sonny III, Friday – Sunday, Yes

Jack K and brother, 28TE - Dogonit, Friday – Sunday, Yes

Andrew Page and family, In Hotel, Friday – Sunday, Yes

Ric Murray, 28TE – Name TBD, Saturday only, ?

Terry, Karen and Lindsey Ober, 28TE - Maye Marie, Friday – Sunday, Yes

Dennis and Sandy Soucy, 28TE – Red Stripe, Saturday – Sunday, Yes

Capt Dave39, 28TE - Hideaweigh, Friday – Sunday, ?

Gery and Anne Garcia, 28TE - Resolution, Friday – Sunday, Yes

Ed Flanagan (Tomcat) & 2 brothers, 28TE - Sgt Barry, Friday – Sunday, ?

?? , 28TE – Endurance, Saturday – Sunday, Yes
Doug
Sonny IV
2006 35TE Convertible, Volvo D6-370's
Former owner - Sonny III, 1997 28TE with "The BEAST"
gerygarcia
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by gerygarcia »

Will be there sometime Friday in the afternoon! The weather is supposed to be awesome!!!!

Gotta look at the tide tables around Moriches :D
will determine arrival time.

Been looking forward to this also!

Doug, I will pm you my cell phone number.

Gery Garcia
apage

re: Rendezvous additions

Post by apage »

Hi Folks:

I got a call from John and Marcia Mach in LI yesterday about the possibility of a rendezvous. I told them that we were all going to BI and they want in.

They called BIBB and the woman has no record of Rendezvous. I gave her manager's name and home number. Do any of you have another number and if so what is it?

I am going to make the reservation for 25-30 (not a bad count if you ask me). I am really looking forward to seeing all you there.

Look for a post from our new members and greet them with your usual warm salutations.

Best,

Andrew @ Albin
apage

re: more folk

Post by apage »

Hi all:

John and Marcia Mach will be joining us at the rendezvous. They have a 31' TE. Please welcome them when they arrive.

Looking forward to seeing everyone.

Best,

Andrew @ Albin
gerygarcia
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by gerygarcia »

Resolution monitoring channel 68

See all of you there!
ETA later in the afternoon Friday. I am being held hostage by tides in Moriches.
Anyone from the South Shore of Long Island will know what I am talking about :roll:

Gery Garcia
Ted

BI Weekend

Post by Ted »

Ted & Gretchen (new members) will be attending. Plan ETA for friday late afternoon . Will stay to Sunday AM. Will arrive in a 28TE navy blue hull named MARY RITA. Will be on mooring 169. Can anyone tell me where do we meet for activities Ted
DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: BI Weekend

Post by DougSea »

Ted wrote:Ted & Gretchen (new members) will be attending. Plan ETA for friday late afternoon . Will stay to Sunday AM. Will arrive in a 28TE navy blue hull named MARY RITA. Will be on mooring 169. Can anyone tell me where do we meet for activities Ted
Hey Ted,

Welcome aboard! Glad to hear you're coming out to Block. Most of us are staying in slips (hopefully right next to each other!) at the Boat Basin. The only "formal" activity at this first NE AOG rendezvous is dinner on Saturday at the Oar. There's also a possible informal gathering Friday evening for a bit of a pot-luck dinner (Kathy's made her baked beans - delicious if I do say so!) at the Basin.

Look forward to meeting you and Gretchen.
Doug
Sonny IV
jleonard
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Mystic, CT

Post by jleonard »

Uh oh!! Baked beans and sleeping in the V berth....a potentially deadly combination. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Let's hope for a slight breeze at night.
Formerly
1983 40 Albin trunk cabin
Attitude Adjustment
Mystic, CT
RicM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Wish we could have stayed

Post by RicM »

Stopped in for lunch at the Oar and it was great to say hello to Dougsea and
and the boys (and dog) on Doggonnit (sorry forgot names already). We went out to the SW corner when we left you, Doug, and this is what happened! Karen's was 28-29 lbs, mine just under that. We decided to run for home and a dinner of fresh striped bass. We had one vote to stay, and one vote to go home and you know who wins that. Too bad about the weather, but it didn't hurt the fishing!

Ric & Karen [/img]
Ric Murray

Big Time, 42' 1993 Jersey Sportfish
Formerly owned Time After Time, 2003 28TE
Wickford RI
DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DougSea »

Ric, that's a nice fish!

(Your's is nice too! :) )

I'm really glad we had a chance to meet although it was much too brief! And the boat (name TBD) would have looked great on "Albin Row"!

I was going to post a few photos this evening but I'm having trouble finding the camera...I think I may have left it on the boat. Oh well, I'm sure someone will post some and I'll fill in mine next weekend.
Doug
Sonny IV

Return to “New England Albin Rendezvous 2007 - Great First Event”