• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Location, location, location (and dates...)

New England Rendezvous Coordinator -DougSea (Doug)
Legacy
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Boston, MA

Tuna time in Boston

Post by Legacy »

Regardless of where the formal rendezvous will be held, how about an Albin Tuna/Striper/Shark/Bluefish day (or weekend) in beautiful Massachusetts & CapeCod Bay this fall? Happy to host.

Rick
Rick
1998 Albin 35TE
"Legacy"
RicM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Mass and CC Bay

Post by RicM »

I'm up for it. Rick, have you tuna fished in the Bay at all?
Ric Murray

Big Time, 42' 1993 Jersey Sportfish
Formerly owned Time After Time, 2003 28TE
Wickford RI
Legacy
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Boston, MA

Obsessed tuna fisherman

Post by Legacy »

I'm obsessed but by no means an expert at all. I do my tuna fishing from RI up to the Coast of ME including Cape Cod Bay and Massachusetts Bay. Out to and past Stellwagen Bank has been much better over the past few years for football blue fin. Certainly trolling squid bars mixed with the traditional tuna plugs works, but I've had the most fun casting and jigging them. For some unexplained reason, tuna are harder for me to raise north of the Cape, but still great fun. We also fish much lighter than most.

This year the plan is to chunk butterfish like we do at the Dump or Fish Bowl and to try Florida-style kite fishing as well. Didn't have great luck with sharks last year.

Rick
Rick
1998 Albin 35TE
"Legacy"
jointventure
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Montauk , Long Island, NY

Post by jointventure »

Time's a wasting - lets get on with it. The Joint Venture is good to go for any location, however, the summer schedule is filling up and sufficient time is needed for a block of reservations.
A fishing "activity" would make a great addition to the rendezvous, with or without a calcutta.
John & Marcia
31 TE
John
Joint Venture
31TE 2000

Return to “Second Annual New England Albin Rendezvous 2008”