• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Let's get this started

New England Rendezvous Coordinator -DougSea (Doug)
DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Safe Harbor - Essex Island Marina, Essex, CT

Let's get this started

Post by DougSea »

Just flew in last night from my annual ski trip to Colorado.

Winter, in my opinion, is now over. :D

So, lets pick a date and location. I've seen a lot of great thoughts posted in the other threads in this forum but now's the time to pick a date, location and, if you have any thoughts on them, the marina.

Please respond to this posting with;

- The dates you'd like to see for the "early summer" rendezvous (first choice, second choice...)

- The location (and marina if known)

While I'm technically a New Englander (and I do consider myself one) I'm also in the Metro NY area down here in SW Connecticut and I'm VERY HAPPY that the NY Football Giants are the Superbowl Champs! I'm wondering if a compromise might work best for location. I saw Greenport Long Island mentioned at least once. That places the Rendezvous in NY but in range of our RI and MA friends!

Post your preferences. I'd like to narrow the list of dates and places down to a top three by the 8th of March (2 weeks from today). At that point we'll put up a Voting Post and pick our place and time.

Looking forward to catching up with the guys from last year and adding a whole bunch more!
Doug
Sonny IV
2006 35TE Convertible, Volvo D6-370's
Former owner - Sonny III, 1997 28TE with "The BEAST"
Legacy
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Boston, MA

My 2 cents

Post by Legacy »

Whichever location is chosen, we'll need to keep it fairly central, with good facilities and things to do.

Date: Friday June 27 until Sunday June 29
Marina: Plymouth Yacht Club
Reasons: It's an easy run for guys North of Cape Cod and for those South who can go through the canal. Plenty to do from fishing, dining, seeing the sights, and hanging out. Nice facilities, fuel nearby. This way the MA, NH and ME guys can participate. Longer run for RI, CT and NY.

Date: Same
Marina: Constitution Marina
Reasons: Great location, sheltered, tons to do - - hanging out, restaurants, history, etc. Just a good all around destination. And quite frankly, since it's my marina, I could help with logistics.

Date: Same

But I will go with and support the consensus, love a good ride to locations we haven't been.

Rick
Rick
1998 Albin 35TE
"Legacy"
RicM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Essex

Post by RicM »

Essex is easy from here and we did lose "the bet" But I would love to see the historic Boston Harbor by sea. It's a long trip for many, But an exquisite experience. I'm leaning to Boston.
Ric Murray

Big Time, 42' 1993 Jersey Sportfish
Formerly owned Time After Time, 2003 28TE
Wickford RI
RicM
Gold Member
Gold Member

slips

Post by RicM »

Rick
you think you can finagle enough slips?

Ric
Ric Murray

Wickford RI
Legacy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Slips

Post by Legacy »

Hi Ric. If Boston is selected, there shouldn't be a problem with space. We're a 300 slip marina and do a big transient business because of the location.

Rick
Rick
1998 Albin 35TE
"Legacy"
JackK
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Portsmouth, Rhode Island

Post by JackK »

I kind of like the idea of Block Island again. It is kind of neutral ground. About equal distant from Connecticut / Long Island and the RI & Southern MA areas.

Jack
former boat .. 2003 28 TE Flushdeck Dogonit
jointventure
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Montauk , Long Island, NY

Post by jointventure »

Plymouth, Essex, Greenport all work for us. There's more to do in each of these locations than hanging on the docks. Let's consider one for the spring and one for the fall. So far we are pretty open as to dates but the
summer fishing/cruising season is rapidly approaching.
John&Marcia
Joint Venture
John
Joint Venture
31TE 2000
RicM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by RicM »

My vote is for Essex or Boston. We go to Block Island and Newport all the time and would love to try a new place.
Ric Murray

Wickford RI
JackK
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Portsmouth, Rhode Island

Post by JackK »

I would love to visit Boston with the boat too. A late summer / fall trip for tuna wouldn't hurt my feelings in the least. Maybe even Ric's Vineyard trip. I just do not think that the folks in CT and LI,NY are going to be able to travel that far for a rendezvous weekend.

For the Spring Rendezvous, a central location will generate more interest. If we push it too far North or South, I believe there will be limited attendance. A 3-6 hour cruise would work best for me.
From there, I will try to attend wherever the consensus takes us.

Jack
former boat .. 2003 28 TE Flushdeck Dogonit
ENDURANCE
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ENDURANCE »

:D Hi all! BI, Essex or LI, NY will definately work for us for the spring. Boston area may take a bit more planning for us to make it. Whatever Doug and the others who nicely volunteered to help organize it decide, we will surely do our best to make it!!! It was nice to meet some other Albin folks last year.

Doug -if all it takes is to go on a ski trip for winter to be "over", I just may strap on my skis this weekend and be off to Stowe! Definately had enough of winter!
Garth & Kim
ENDURANCE
2005 28 TE Flush Deck
Clinton, CT
Pitou
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Gloucester, MA

Iffy at best for that long of a run.

Post by Pitou »

110 NM / about 8 hours from my dock to Sakonnet Pt. in RI. With a run from Essex, MA & through the Annisquam and on from Cape Ann running the edge of Stellwagen through the Mass Bay Slop to the Cape Cod Canal and onto Block is probably about my limit for a 3 day event. I know it was the venue for last year and understand the need for something fresh. How much further to Essex, CT? Possibly???
Either way probably not likely for 3 days unless I am able to extend a few days. I'll be keeping it on the burner to try and pull off. A tough trip for the few of us North of Boston.
kevinS
>><<>>;>

Former Boats:

- 2006 31TE / Hull# 221
Cummins QSC 8.3 / 500 hp
December '13 - April '23

- 2002 / 28TE / Hull# 614
Cummins 6BTA 370 hp / Alaskan Bulkhead
April '04 ~ May '13
JoeH
Gold Member
Gold Member

NE Albin Rendezvous 2008

Post by JoeH »

Count us in if it's either Boston or Plymouth.

Joe H
Scituate, MA :lol:
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Center Moriches, NY

Post by RobS »

Seems like the NE territory is just too big for a full turnout, and understandably so. Fri June 27th is the last day of school for my 2 girls so it's questionable if I'll be doing a 1 or 2 nighter. I may be able to extend it on the tail end, not the front. Whatever the location I'll give it a shot - We won the Superbowl bet but that was just for S@#$S & Giggles, it's most important to hold it where the turnout will be best....
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
1974 Chris Craft 36' Commander Tournament
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)
"TOY-RIFIC" 2000 28TE, 6LP, Hull 408

Luck is the residue of good design.
Legacy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Two events

Post by Legacy »

As much as I hate to suggest splitting into smaller groups, sounds like we need a north event and a south event. How about Boston and a location on Long Island. Two separate weekends in case some of us can do both? Happy to pitch in to help in any way I can.

Rick
Rick
1998 Albin 35TE
"Legacy"
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Center Moriches, NY

Re: Two events

Post by RobS »

Legacy wrote:As much as I hate to suggest splitting into smaller groups, sounds like we need a north event and a south event. How about Boston and a location on Long Island. Two separate weekends in case some of us can do both? Happy to pitch in to help in any way I can.

Rick
I know, I agree Rick, I hate to see it get split too I was just trying to make a practical suggestion (or observation) based on the replies I was reading that may help out everyone involved. It could result in some rather small groups if it's split and then some can't make it. If it is split, the different dates is an excellent idea. I would be inclinded to consider making Boston a road trip if one were held there.

If a Long Island event is held, Montauk or Greenport would be best suited in order to be able to offer the oppurtunity to any New England members as well.

This is by no means my decision and everyone's criteria on time, distance , etc. is different. I'm certainly okay with whatever the group or group leader decides.
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
1974 Chris Craft 36' Commander Tournament
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)
"TOY-RIFIC" 2000 28TE, 6LP, Hull 408

Luck is the residue of good design.

Return to “Second Annual New England Albin Rendezvous 2008”