• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

raymarine c120

GPS, Sonar, Radar, Fishfinder, etc. Discuss electronics installation and upgrades.
saltshaker28
Gold Member
Gold Member

raymarine c120

Post by saltshaker28 »

I have a 2010 raymarine c 120 on my 28 te what is the best way to upgrade
adamthier
Deckhand
Deckhand
Home Port: rowayton CT

Re: raymarine c120

Post by adamthier »

I have a 35cb. just went to an Axiom 16 and an Axiom 7 (as a backup on dedicated circuit). I stuck with Raymarine because of transducer and autopilot. the replacement of the c120 with an Axiom 12 is reasonably straightforward but you will spend a bunch on a new network interface and cables to tie it to the old stuff.
Nancy
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Lake Champlain

Post by Nancy »

Define "best". :D
More parameters would be helpful. Budget? Helm real estate? Post a photo? A previous owner of our boat upgraded the chartplotter/depth sounder/fish finder to a Raymarine eS series (pre-Axiom), and left the old C80 in place for use as the radar unit.
Nancy
2005 Albin 35CB
Yanmar 6LYA-STP 370
Valentine

Former boats
1995 Albin 28TE, Cummins 6BTA5.9 250, 2012-2022
1978 Trojan F32, 1998-2012
1983 Grady White 241 Weekender, 1988-1997
1980 Wellcraft 192 Classic, 1983-1987
mars075
Deckhand
Deckhand
Home Port: None yet

Post by mars075 »

I chose to get a 12" galaxy tablet to display my charts. I will keep my C 80 unit to support the radar and transducer which seem to work reasonably well. My reasoning is that the charts are probably the most important link for me right now, and the money was less then I would have had to spend if I chose to get a new plotter
I'm interested in the forms reaction

mike m
Tree
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Portsmouth, UK

Post by Tree »

I did a full upgrade this year from. E90W with HD colour radar and the old sitex fishfinder. I went full axiom with two 12” screens and tied them in to my existing Raytheon autopilot and AIS. I coupled the two screens, radar and AIS to a Raymarine network switch and back boned the autopilot on with a crossover cable as that was legacy seatalk. Come to think of it the AIS was HSB and that is also on the crossover network. Adding legacy equipment to the latest equipment is easy. My autopilot is essentially NMEA but I converted that to seatalk and the AIS was HSB. The network switch crossover cable is capable of including this so it all communicates seamlessly with the later generation electronics.
Fisher Price 2
Hull Number AUL28489L900
Yanmar 6LP-STE
Built in Portsmouth RI, USA - Berthed in Portsmouth Hampshire, United Kingdom.

Return to “Electronics”