• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

New VHF for A25

GPS, Sonar, Radar, Fishfinder, etc. Discuss electronics installation and upgrades.
Tree
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Portsmouth, UK

Re: New VHF for A25

Post by Tree »

One good thing with the icon unit is if it does get wet it has a function to vibrate all the water from the speaker. Very nifty!
Fisher Price 2
Hull Number AUL28489L900
Yanmar 6LP-STE
Built in Portsmouth RI, USA - Berthed in Portsmouth Hampshire, United Kingdom.
WillieC
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Hood Canal, WA

Post by WillieC »

Update...
Since we will be travelling internationally this summer, I went ahead and got my official FCC station license and international MMSI number. Half expecting the worst, I have delayed entering the number into the old WM VHF550. It was made by Uniden. Today I tried and failed. Apparently a PO had a MMSI number on this radio and then wiped it, but in order to reset it, I have to send it out and cough up $60 plus shipping. As I think about it, that old radio could have been bought used by a previous owner. Anyway, it is history

Long story short, new SH 2200GX is in the mail for under 300 and another 40 off for rebate. Seems a bit excessive (compared to the $60 fix) but this unit comes with some nice features not available on the old radio. It's just money. Now DA has raised the bar (literally) by sticking his antenna atop the mast! I think my next project on the old A25 is a flying bridge! With DUAL antennas! Maybe a conning tower!

(What else do I not know about re-using my existing antenna? It is a fiberglass jobby on a breakaway hinge, maybe ten feet tall when not whacking the Swinomish rail bridge. Are there any tests I can do to verify its effectiveness? Thanks!)
nebulatech
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Charleston, SC

Post by nebulatech »

WillieC wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:06 pm Now my position is sent out automagically. Don't tell anyone.
Especially the insurance company, since that would spoil the whole faking-your-own-demise during your heater escapades!
Carolina Wren
1979 Albin 25 Deluxe
WillieC
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Hood Canal, WA

Post by WillieC »

SHHHH!!!!

Return to “Electronics”