• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Electrical question

GPS, Sonar, Radar, Fishfinder, etc. Discuss electronics installation and upgrades.
dmorgan
Mate
Mate
Home Port: Oceanside, N.Y.

Electrical question

Post by dmorgan »

The boat just went in the water and now a few issues. The radio has no power and the port navigation light has -14.2 while boat is running. I went into the bathroom behind the mirror and tested all the fuses. Everyone was good except the constant 12v in the middle of the three 15amp fuses with the red caps. I know that all three should be hot at all times but the middle is dead on one side and I don't know where it terminates.
I would really appreciate any help - Thank you
"Navy Diver" 2005 28TE Flush Deck
dmorgan
Mate
Mate

Re: Electrical question

Post by dmorgan »

update - the center breaker 12v/15a with the red cap powers the constant bar that feeds the radio along with other items. The negative voltage on the new navigation light was a bad bulb, which I found odd. Everything is working as it should.

Next thing is the engine hatch goes up a little bit and then stops. I have to use the switch on and off to raise the hatch all the way.
Has anyone had this problem ???????
Ben423
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Two Harbors

Post by Ben423 »

I had the same problem with the fish box hatch on my 28FD. It's a bit heavy for the rams. I found that if I have someone help lift the hatch by hand, the rams can handle the load. To solve the problem I made sure the electrical connections from the battery to the rams are all good and not corroded. Second, I empty the fish box before lifting the hatch. Third, I make sure the battery is fully charged or the engine is running when I want to lift the hatch.

The engine hatch is light enough that I've never had a problem with it.
dmorgan
Mate
Mate

Post by dmorgan »

Thanks Ben, I will check all those items. My issue is the engine hatch and I have already changes the switches twice since new. I will let you know what I find and thanks again for the assist
Capt Brad
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Mattapoisett Ma

Post by Capt Brad »

I too had same issue. Trick is that it lifts fine when on shore power with charger on or both batteries on with engine running after glow plugs are cycled off. Guess the rams need mags batteries!
Capt Brad
dmorgan
Mate
Mate

Post by dmorgan »

Replaced the switch and all good
dgetswet
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Baldwin, NY

Post by dgetswet »

I have the same problem with the fish box. Now one of the rams is stuck. I've been lifting by hand for a while now placing a board to hold her up. After I change the alternator that's the next project.

Ben423 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:37 am I had the same problem with the fish box hatch on my 28FD. It's a bit heavy for the rams. I found that if I have someone help lift the hatch by hand, the rams can handle the load. To solve the problem I made sure the electrical connections from the battery to the rams are all good and not corroded. Second, I empty the fish box before lifting the hatch. Third, I make sure the battery is fully charged or the engine is running when I want to lift the hatch.

The engine hatch is light enough that I've never had a problem with it.
Thanks
Don N
2005 Albin Flush Deck

Return to “Electronics”