• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Autopilot fluxgate

GPS, Sonar, Radar, Fishfinder, etc. Discuss electronics installation and upgrades.
sailingzeus
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: St. Augustine, Fl

Autopilot fluxgate

Post by sailingzeus »

Hi there!
My 28TE flash deck experiencing problems with the autopilot. The fluxgate is mounted on the bulkhead in front of the fuel tank and I am afraid it is not the ideal position. For those with a perfectly operating autopilot, would you please let me know where your fluxgate is installed?
Thank you and Happy Hollidays!
MerryKate
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Mason Neck, VA

Re: Autopilot fluxgate

Post by MerryKate »

Hi Zeus - my raymarine ST 6002 fluxgate sensor is mounted in the starboard compartment under the v-berth. The cleanest magnetic environment I could find. Just have to be sure to not put a toolbox right next to it. (this is on a motor box 28TE)
Tree
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Portsmouth, UK

Post by Tree »

MerryKate wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 2:15 pm Hi Zeus - my raymarine ST 6002 fluxgate sensor is mounted in the starboard compartment under the v-berth. The cleanest magnetic environment I could find. Just have to be sure to not put a toolbox right next to it. (this is on a motor box 28TE)
Exactly the same for me
Fisher Price 2
Hull Number AUL28489L900
Yanmar 6LP-STE
Built in Portsmouth RI, USA - Berthed in Portsmouth Hampshire, United Kingdom.
catalina_mike
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Dana Point

Post by catalina_mike »

Tree wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:14 pm
MerryKate wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 2:15 pm Hi Zeus - my raymarine ST 6002 fluxgate sensor is mounted in the starboard compartment under the v-berth. The cleanest magnetic environment I could find. Just have to be sure to not put a toolbox right next to it. (this is on a motor box 28TE)
Exactly the same for me
ditto ditto
Silverton 2007 36C
Sold - Albin 1999 28TE
SSI Instructor 13937
SDI / TDI Instructor 18172
USCG 100 Ton near coastal
carolmarie
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Essex, New York

Post by carolmarie »

Mine is in the cabinet, under the bathroom sink. It’s on the forward wall, toward port, as close as possible to the the boat’s centerline.
Don.
sailonset
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Onset, MA

Post by sailonset »

In our 27FC, it's in the hanging locker, pretty much on the centerline and about deck height.
sailingzeus
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: St. Augustine, Fl

Post by sailingzeus »

Thank you all for your replies, I am in the process moving it to the forward locker.

Return to “Electronics”