• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Simrad HS60 GPS compass mounted under deck?

GPS, Sonar, Radar, Fishfinder, etc. Discuss electronics installation and upgrades.
tribologist
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Groton. Ct

Simrad HS60 GPS compass mounted under deck?

Post by tribologist »

I'm piece by piece upgrading the Autopilot in Driftless, our Albin 25. I have a Point-1AP integrated GPS with compass now but I just can't get it accurate enough on E-W headings. It's one of the $69 ebay deals with cut wire. the Autopilot work amazingly well on S and N headings but what good is that In Erie canal and long island sound. Teh Admiral is not supporting any more circle loops on the water calibrating the compass....
Job 1, Keep Admiral happy!

So I ordered a Simrad HS60 GPS heading sensor that should arrive tomorrow.

I am thinking of installing it under the roof of the front cabin where the Point-1AP GPS/Compass sits now. Does anyone have experience mounting the HS60 or other GPS heading sensors under FRP? The front cabin roof is about 0.150 FRP , 3/8 divinycell and about 0.100 FRP on the inside. I'm thinking its going to be ok but I thought I check.

Regards,
Driftless
A25 1971 #737
South Windsor, Ct

Return to “Electronics”