• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Raytheon E 120 backlight failure

GPS, Sonar, Radar, Fishfinder, etc. Discuss electronics installation and upgrades.
kowal_53
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Annapolis, MD

Raytheon E 120 backlight failure

Post by kowal_53 »

Has any one used Seawire Marine in Florida to repair their back light in the E 120 unit? They remove the CFL display element and transformer, and replace it with led strips and a power regulator. I am not sure that the dimming will work, or not after the repair.
Current: Good Mojo 2008 TE 31 - Cummins QSC 8.3 500 HP
Former: Blue Without You 2006 TE 28 - Yanmar 6PLA - 315 HP
Tree
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Portsmouth, UK

Re: Raytheon E 120 backlight failure

Post by Tree »

I can’t say for sure but I can’t see why it wouldn’t work. The LED dimming would be incremental and not “smooth” like the cfl.

My reason for thinking this is I have LED strips in the ceiling of my childrens bedrooms. They all dim perfectly well down to a very low light but each press of the remote control it will dim down by a set output each time.
Fisher Price 2
Hull Number AUL28489L900
Yanmar 6LP-STE
Built in Portsmouth RI, USA - Berthed in Portsmouth Hampshire, United Kingdom.

Return to “Electronics”