• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

How does the steering/autopilot work?

GPS, Sonar, Radar, Fishfinder, etc. Discuss electronics installation and upgrades.
vositis
Mate
Mate
Home Port: Emery Cove Yacht Harbor, CA

How does the steering/autopilot work?

Post by vositis »

So, my steering system leaks and I have an autopilot (which is KEY for me loving this boat) but I am new to these types of boats and I am confused about which thingy is the steering sensor, which thingy is the autopilot and which thingy is the manual steering. This is further complicated by the fact that there are not that many thingys connected to the rudder...

Aside from a straightforward answer, which would be great for sure, is there a resource that has all this technical data in one place? Is there some overall maintenance manual that I'm missing???

(I hail from the aviation world, where EVERYTHING has a detailed maintenance manual.....)

Thanks!!

-VO
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Center Moriches, NY

Re: How does the steering/autopilot work?

Post by RobS »

It would be most helpful if you would provide what make/model AP system you have and even more helpful if you could post a picture of each of the thingies you would like identified. The answers you seek will come, but you must help us help you....
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
1974 Chris Craft 36' Commander Tournament
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)
"TOY-RIFIC" 2000 28TE, 6LP, Hull 408

Luck is the residue of good design.
carolmarie
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Essex, New York

Post by carolmarie »

Suggest you pick a popular AP model, e. g. a Simrad AP24 and Google either the Operator or Installation manual. You will get plenty of schematics and parts identification to give you more than a clue about your system. Don.
Norseman
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Palm Coast, Florida

Post by Norseman »

Which model Albin are we talking about...?
2001 28TE, 6LP-STE, 1,337 hrs, 19X18 four-blade wheel.

Return to “Electronics”