• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Part Identification

GPS, Sonar, Radar, Fishfinder, etc. Discuss electronics installation and upgrades.
Paddy
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Freeport, NY

Part Identification

Post by Paddy »

Need to clean up the wiring cabinet. Going to replace / upgrade the fuse block but I also have 3 of these in a row, one appears to be shot, 12V on one side, nothing on the other. What are they and can i replace all 3 with a more modern setup?

Thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
2004 28TE
catalina_mike
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Dana Point

Re: Part Identification

Post by catalina_mike »

Those are circuit breakers. They trip and reset... for a while. If I were to bet I think bilge pumps if you don't find any fuses for them. Typically a 5a fuse is sufficient.
Silverton 2007 36C
Sold - Albin 1999 28TE
SSI Instructor 13937
SDI / TDI Instructor 18172
USCG 100 Ton near coastal
Paddy
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Freeport, NY

Post by Paddy »

Thanks Mike. I do have 3 pumps and one is dead, and of these 3 breakers, one is not showing voltage passing through to the second pole. I am hoping to get the proper amperage off the sides but they are pretty rusty. Scanning online, I found 15a breakers from Sea Dog and a 10a off-brand. I do have the standard fuses on the dash for the pumps but I assume the breakers are in place because they are wired directly to the batteries for automatic operation? The gauge of the wire is throwing me off, they are much larger than any other wiring in the panel. Is it common to go from a larger gauge to smaller for a bilge pump run?
2004 28TE
catalina_mike
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Dana Point

Post by catalina_mike »

Not sure what they did but bigger is better for wiring. Depending on what pumps you have the 10a should be fine. My 99 had a diaphragm pump and 10a would be too small for it. The breakers should be fed from the constant hot under the dash. That way when your battery switch is off in your absence they will work still.
Silverton 2007 36C
Sold - Albin 1999 28TE
SSI Instructor 13937
SDI / TDI Instructor 18172
USCG 100 Ton near coastal

Return to “Electronics”