• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

My Wife Doesn't Understand Me

Albin's "power cruisers"
dkirsop
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Pender Island, BC, Canada

My Wife Doesn't Understand Me

Post by dkirsop »

It's a DRYING RACK right!
Drying Rack.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Hull No. 1013, 1971
WillieC
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Hood Canal, WA

Re: My Wife Doesn't Understand Me

Post by WillieC »

You're not dripping paint all over the washer and dryer, are you?! Oh no, you've covered them with THE CUSHIONS FOR THE CHAISE LOUNGES!

You do have a garage, right? And who paints their injector lines, anyway? (Well, come to think of it, so did I. It's just too far from the shop to the heated laundry room, I had to light a fire in the shop stove to get mine to dry.)

Have you taken the injectors in for testing? Or is this all part of the spare engine project?
Nancy
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Lake Champlain

Post by Nancy »

Other than a possible OCD tendency, which, as Willie pointed out, you compensated for by protecting the W&D, I don't see the problem! 😎
Nancy
2005 Albin 35CB
Yanmar 6LYA-STP 370
Valentine

Former boats
1995 Albin 28TE, Cummins 6BTA5.9 250, 2012-2022
1978 Trojan F32, 1998-2012
1983 Grady White 241 Weekender, 1988-1997
1980 Wellcraft 192 Classic, 1983-1987
dkirsop
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by dkirsop »

I might just leave the fuel lines hanging over Xmas. They have a rather festive air that goes with the season.

Yes, my spare engine is in the process of resurrection. I am close to doing a test fire once the injectors come back from the shop. It has been quite the voyage of discovery. This is the engine that came in the boat, I am surprised it even ran. I will be test firing it some time in January. Then I will decide whether to put it back in or sell it.
Hull No. 1013, 1971
WillieC
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Hood Canal, WA

Post by WillieC »

Very cool. Keep us posted.
LopezMike
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Lopez Island, WA. USA San Juan Islands

Post by LopezMike »

Why are there seven lines?
dkirsop
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by dkirsop »

They came in a box that accompanied a non-working engine I purchased from a local salvager. It came with a variety of extras. You can find details here viewtopic.php?f=28&t=9868&p=78701&hilit ... ill#p78701
Hull No. 1013, 1971
DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Peoria, AZ USA

Post by DesertAlbin736 »

Dave, we've met your wife, she's a sweetheart, I'm sure she'll understand you....or at least get over it! :D
20180625_205057.jpg
PS, we're hoping to get back up your way next summer, when we get back from our mid March New Zealand trip & Holland America repositioning cruise & after we land & fly home from Vancouver on May 2nd after a 39 day Trans Pac crossing. Hopefully diesel prices will drop some by then for the over the road road trailering trip from Phoenix to Blaine, WA slated for some time in early to mid June. Meanwhile we're in the throes of what passes for winter here. Some rain last night, high of 13* C today, lows dipping close to freezing the next couple nights. Also snow up in the high country around Flagstaff.

Cheers & Merry Christmas & Boxing Day!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F
Gig Harbor Boatworks Nisqually 8 dinghy
Residence: Peoria, AZ
Homeport: Lake Pleasant, AZ & beyond
dkirsop
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by dkirsop »

Just remember when you are in NZ: the sun is in the northern sky and it traverses right to left. More than once I parked the car only to return and find it broiling in the sun! Enjoy your travels.
Hull No. 1013, 1971
Chris G
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Aalborg, Denmark

Post by Chris G »

How was the washing machine afterwards? Do you recommend a 60 degrees wash or 40 degrees? Short spin cycle? I only ask because I usually use the dishwasher.... but the kid's bicycle is in there :wink:
DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Peoria, AZ USA

Post by DesertAlbin736 »

Just remember when you are in NZ: the sun is in the northern sky and it traverses right to left. More than once I parked the car only to return and find it broiling in the sun! Enjoy your travels.
We will be there in NZ a week before their end of summer/start of fall equinox, and for the first week before boarding the cruise ship will be exploring the south half of the South Island including Milford Sound which lie mostly between 45* & 46* South latitude. Average temps at that time of year run between a low of 44* F (6.7*C) and high of 60*F (15.6*C), about what we're seeing here at home in Arizona now. Plus will be sleeping in a small "campervan" with only a little plug in electric heater while parked at RV "Holiday Parks" with utility hookups. The biggest challenge will be trying to pack for that kind of weather AND for port calls in the tropical islands of New Caledonia, Fiji, American Samoa, and Hawaii where high temps could reach 30* C or warmer as we near the equator. All while trying to fit all of that into one checked bag and one carry on each, including a set of dressier clothes for the once a week formal nights on the ship and a total travel time of 8 weeks.
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F
Gig Harbor Boatworks Nisqually 8 dinghy
Residence: Peoria, AZ
Homeport: Lake Pleasant, AZ & beyond

Return to “A25 / A27 - True Classics”