• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Facebook - Albin Cruisers 25 & 27

Albin's "power cruisers"
kerrye
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Denver

Re: Facebook - Albin Cruisers 25 & 27

Post by kerrye »

I don't see a Facebook group as competition for this forum. They serve different purposes. There are quite a few Facebook Albin groups worth joining in my view. I can't imagine Facebook being used regularly for technical help for instance because it's almost impossible to search subject matter on Facebook.
Bearkeley
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: South Florida

Post by Bearkeley »

I agree that the FB group does not compete with this forum. We use FB to keep our family and friends updated in our travels down the ICW and when you meet other Cruisers you want to keep in touch with, FB has been an easy way to do so.

The Albin FB Group has also given us an opportunity to meet other Albin owners. We just met someone who is active on the yahoo site but not on this one. He drove down to Very nice guy with lots of info to share.
Former owner of the ‘Mary Jo'
1984 Albin 27FC (#74)
Hutchinson Island, Florida
Shangie1
Mate
Mate
Home Port: Everett, WA

Post by Shangie1 »

We were introduced to Albin 25's through the Facebook site. We also found it a great way to meet Albin owners, many whom also use this site. It allowed us to post questions and we were able to read lots of tips, maintenance issues, concerns and enthusiasms over the boat as well as learning about it's limitations. It helped us tremendously in the decision making process due to accessing information quickly and fast response times from owners on that site.

On FB, pictures are easy to add and anyone can start a personal FB page dedicated solely to their Albin to share experiences in both maintenance and boating. When we posted a wanted to buy we had several responses versus the one on this site, possibly due to Albin owners on that site getting notifications about posts when they sign into their personal page.

This site does have the in depth help people desire, connects us and arranges the formal cruises, among it's many values, so I think both sites serve Albin owners while allowing us to contribute to helping one another.

We appreciate both sites and thank those who do the work to maintain them.
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Post by jcollins »

Hi All
This discussion is now into its 4th year. It wasn't so much about the FB page as it was more about the page moderator posting information about the page here without letting anyone know in advance. If you're into FB go for it. Personally, I'm not into all the advertising and inaccurate information posted by "influencers" as legitimate news.
I don't see it as competition to AOG but more of a companion. I try to limit links to sites that could link back with advertising bots or those that have known phishing/virus issues. I'm thinking it's time to close this discussion.

Many thanks to all who support Albin Owners Group. Post a picture of your burgee on the Facebook page.
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
WillieC
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Hood Canal, WA

Post by WillieC »

Thank you , John.
Burton
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Ellsworth, Maine

Post by Burton »

This site has “saved my bacon” over and over. I read it for years before we got our A25. It was the way I knew that our boating situation would be better served with the 25 over the 27. It has been fantastic with all the quality and detailed posts. It is the “meat and potatoes” for us working on Slow Motion.

In general I don’t like much about Facebook, but am there due to family stuff. I don’t see the A25/27 FB page competing with this site, as they are so different. I do so little social media, I am not very aware of the ethics, but am thankful to learn. If Paul has violated them, then I have, too— I have referred people there on the FB page to this site many times as this site has the technical support and extensive articles on how things are done. Paul has never complained to me after referring people to this site. (If he has I’ve not seen it.) I think that site probably feeds people over to this one.
tribologist
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Groton. Ct

Post by tribologist »

Its both ways, FB is fine for stuff thats has a short best before. Its worthless to use for documenting work. Search in FB just suck and the treads are messy. To be fair, i keep promoting this group on Pauls FB page so please give us some slack.. lol!!
Driftless
A25 1971 #737
South Windsor, Ct

Return to “A25 / A27 - True Classics”