• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Facebook - Albin Cruisers 25 & 27

Albin's "power cruisers"
paulrhein
Mate
Mate
Home Port: Cinco Bayou Florida

Facebook - Albin Cruisers 25 & 27

Post by paulrhein »

Hey I thought I would put this out. We have a open forum group of owners who have an interest of Albin Cruisers 25 & 27. All are welcome.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/898145276863354/

I hope you will consider this.

I also have removed my extended hard top from my 1984 Albin 27FC. Both the hardtop and enclosure is for sale $1000. It would be an easy install. Solar panels are old but still produce 18v 200 Watts. I would guess it could be installed in less than 2 hours!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Tree
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Portsmouth, UK

Re: Facebook - Albin Cruisers 25 & 27

Post by Tree »

Personally, for me. I’ve never understood the need for Facebook groups when you have a wealth of documented information here on these forums submitted by likeminded owners. I had it with car owners forums in the past. Never really made any sense to me.
Fisher Price 2
Hull Number AUL28489L900
Yanmar 6LP-STE
Built in Portsmouth RI, USA - Berthed in Portsmouth Hampshire, United Kingdom.
paulrhein
Mate
Mate

Post by paulrhein »

<moderator edit>
Tree
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Portsmouth, UK

Post by Tree »

paulrhein wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:53 pm
Don’t you think it might have been more polite for you to have passed this by admin or even so the founder of the site before promoting your own group?

Besides not everyone uses Facebook and since it’s not an open group, not everyone can access it.

Sometimes a little bit of etiquette goes a long way....
Fisher Price 2
Hull Number AUL28489L900
Yanmar 6LP-STE
Built in Portsmouth RI, USA - Berthed in Portsmouth Hampshire, United Kingdom.
paulrhein
Mate
Mate

Post by paulrhein »

I am only offering a choice to people. The younger crowd likes Facebook so it is there for anyone who wants to use it. Since I posted it we have had 10 new members. Someone must like it! Our members are from all over the world. Heck we even have a member who worked in the 25 cruiser factory in Sweden
DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Peoria, AZ USA

Post by DesertAlbin736 »

I appreciate the offer. Personally I don't have a Facebook account either & not particularly interested in getting one, although my wife does. Nothing against Facebook, but I waste enough time on the computer as it is. But to each his or her own. Live & let live & all that. That said, snarky comments won't win friends or influence people among this crowd.

However, your boat does look nice. Wonder why you want sell the hard top? Looks very classy & professionally done. Certainly added value to the boat.

Anyway, we were down in your area with our RV last summer visiting one of my aunts and a cousin who live just a few miles down the road in Panama City. Nice area.
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F
Gig Harbor Boatworks Nisqually 8 dinghy
Residence: Peoria, AZ
Homeport: Lake Pleasant, AZ & beyond
Jay Knoll
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Vero Beach FL

Post by Jay Knoll »

HI everyone

In addition to being a time sucking hole, I'm not a Facebook fan for reasons like those described here

<moderator edit>
Norseman
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Palm Coast, Florida

Post by Norseman »

I do Facebook. Couldn’t care less if they track my movements.
Started a Group for my previous boat, Glacier Bay. Now it has grown to more than 350 members. We had a board like this but it was not managed right and got infected with spam, trash and filth.
Facebook is quite user friendly with pictures, contacts and what not.
Wish I had bought stock when they went public a few years ago.
Water under the bridge.
Happy to turn off Facebook when I set sail for the Bahamas, not hooked like a teenager, just using it as a tool.
Will set up a page for my charter business on Facebook, everybody else is there, seems to be the future, like it or not, :(
2001 28TE, 6LP-STE, 1,337 hrs, 19X18 four-blade wheel.
NickScheuer
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Rockford, IL

Post by NickScheuer »

I do Facebook, mostly to keep current on my Oregon daughter and grandkids. I certainly wouldn't consider the Facebook Albin Group as a replacement to this forum. Augmentation only, eh?
DSCF1767.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
sail149
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Stuck at home on trailer! Chesapeake bay intended....

Post by sail149 »

We have a face book page with my sail club , I'm not a user but the decussion goes that it's good for chatting and quick upto date info but I hear that searching past posts is not easy which is something I do with this forum as well as an old yahoo email group that I like too as I know exactly who I am communicating with.
Many facebook site do allow non users to have a look. The Albin site. (and my sail club site) don't allow non users to ' have a look'. So they don't get me exactly excited to find out.
Cheers Warren.
Warren
'84. 27AC. Lehman 4D61
Sunsetrider
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Gananoque ON

Post by Sunsetrider »

I appreciate all the resources I can find, including the FB group mentioned here, as well as the recreational diesel group, the Bahamas cruising group, and the icw group. also the albinners of BC mail list.
1976 Albin 25 Hull 2529
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Post by jcollins »

I have followed this post as I am curious. I am like others and agree that Facebook is not my "go to" place for boating groups. I do have a FB account to follow the neices, nephews, and friends photos and experiences.

It would have been courteous to contact a moderator or myself before posting your site. Additionally, for sale items should be advertised in the proper forum. That aside, I am just grouchy waiting for Spring.

Thanks.
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
WillieC
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Hood Canal, WA

Post by WillieC »

John, thanks again for your good leadership. There have been a couple sketchy posts recently that have raised my grouchy eyebrows as well and you and/or the other moderators have been right on them. Nothing against the FB site, I am a lurker on The Starfleet Commander's page, but I don't need all that drama on a regular basis. I am old, I'll admit it.

Thanks for your efforts to keep AOG what you intended, an Owner's Group, despite our goofiness. Here's to Spring!
DCatSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Alexandria VA

Post by DCatSea »

Did someone mention Starfleet??
IMG_1072.JPG
Doug and Georgia
"Mazboot" - 1984 27 FC #142
Lehman 4D61
Tribe 9.5 yak
Jackson STAXX-11 yak
Alexandria City Marina - F-03
WillieC
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Hood Canal, WA

Post by WillieC »

Now that's beautiful! Maybe I can make one with my new sewing machine!

Return to “A25 / A27 - True Classics”