• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

rough around the edges Albin 25

Albin's "power cruisers"
nebulatech
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Charleston, SC

Re: rough around the edges Albin 25

Post by nebulatech »

My guesses:
Picture A is a "shelf" or platform from inside one of the lazarettes or possibly behind the original cooler.

Picture B is a picture from inside the port lazarette looking aft, between the cockpit seating and the quarter berth of the aft cabin
Carolina Wren
1979 Albin 25 Deluxe
ssrig
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: ganges

Post by ssrig »

nope. But it is a shelf type object, and it has been seen before and think "re purpose".

Second guess is good but no. I don't expect anyone to get the second one.
nebulatech
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by nebulatech »

Awe shucks. I have some other ideas, but I've had my fun, time for someone else to take a turn.
Carolina Wren
1979 Albin 25 Deluxe
ssrig
First Mate
First Mate

Post by ssrig »

OK, first pic, it is a fish cleaning table that attaches onto the remaining downrigger platform. It came from the old cockpit sole that I repurposed to its proper functioning ability, not for a floor!
1EB6CF73-F173-4628-B4FC-E75062FEED9F.jpeg

163066F3-26A7-44F8-991E-BF81ACD43783.jpeg

The other pic is a shot of under the forward cabin sole, it was creaking and cracking each time we walked around in there so I used minimum expanding foam and strategically sprayed it between the sole and hull and now I have a solid non creaking cabin sole.
No one wins the used old crappy cooler!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
WillieC
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Hood Canal, WA

Post by WillieC »

Dodged that bullet! Just what I needed, another crappy old cooler.
We love our new Pelicans.
ssrig
First Mate
First Mate

Post by ssrig »

Aft cabin ensuite, after last seasons trip we determined that the aft cabin was going to be the head. So a few modifications were needed, first was to get more ventilation.

First step was a vent installed on the aft cabin deck.
DDF446E8-6FAB-4648-984C-0E15A80B11BB.jpeg

This is what the core looks like, thick glass sandwiched between foam, all in good shape!
3D788A89-6C62-44DD-B6CB-EE6356DFEE86.jpeg

Next was to get air movement so a 3"fan was fitted....
96EB3C5D-340C-47C3-8329-9C4443623056.jpeg

with a switch located at the cabin door.
E05649C5-F1E4-4C5F-86F6-007EC24189BD.jpeg

Next was to cut a hole in my aft cabin plywood that I redid last year?? So I could lower the potty as low as it would go then fit a piece of ply that was all gooped up for it to sit on.
00220DD5-C6C8-417B-B04F-DB6DCC32C66B.jpeg

245891FA-25DE-4A98-83E5-B9489CC5B389.jpeg

That little fan moves a good amount of air from the cabin so now its time for my wife to paint the aft cabin.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
ssrig
First Mate
First Mate

Post by ssrig »

Whipped up a little step to climb off the swim grid, mounted it onto the old round stainless brackets that no longer have the dowel, all screwed in place with stainless screws and easily removed if needed.
EFDCBBA7-576E-4F98-AEF7-A9182A4AFBC2.jpeg
WillieC
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Hood Canal, WA

Post by WillieC »

That really frees up the galley/vee-berth area. Nice. And you can still use the quarter berths for storage.

Tell us more about how you will be reclaiming the old head space.

At first I thought you stuck the porta-potty over the rudder but at closer look it appears to be on the starboard side, facing centerline, far enough forward to use the footspace just behind the door. Right? Our exhaust hose runs there, others are on the port side.

As much trouble as a holding tank and manual pump head can be, we'll stick with it for now. We have looked closely at the self-deprecating-desiccating-defecating heads. Combined with your placement, that gives me a lot to ponder this winter.
ssrig
First Mate
First Mate

Post by ssrig »

The potty is on the port side facing centreline and just aft of the door, there isn't much room under those covers but the further forward the better and for that foot well too.
Having the head in the aft cabin works for us, that potty went with us last year as we could not use the other head most of our trip.

The head space was tidied up with a few shelves thrown around as a pantry type place, there is a pic a page back on this thread, I wanted to retain the original storage location for the cockpit table in there too.
ssrig
First Mate
First Mate

Post by ssrig »

WillieC wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:35 pm Dodged that bullet! Just what I needed, another crappy old cooler.
We love our new Pelicans.
Fedex just picked up the cooler and its on its way to you!
nebulatech
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by nebulatech »

My "crappy old cooler" is falling apart, currently in the attic with, I kid you not, two kitchen sinks. Does anyone have a recommendation for replacement foam?

I like the fish cleaning station. Very nice!
Carolina Wren
1979 Albin 25 Deluxe
ssrig
First Mate
First Mate

Post by ssrig »

Splashed on Sunday and headed to Wallace Island.
68CE24C8-712E-4FB5-90C6-418B0C736FF7.jpeg

When we got to the dock lo and behold two Albin 27’s sitting there!
7E245A66-B420-49FB-B9F1-CD2C7B1859D0.jpeg
ssrig
First Mate
First Mate

Post by ssrig »

DA, bad news, your sign has been taken down and sent into the bay, they are cleaning the shed up. We did find it at low tide in the bay however but the writing on it was faded away.
ssrig
First Mate
First Mate

Post by ssrig »

1F827780-B4B4-4D9B-A82C-57E9A533DBFC.jpeg
Ganges harbour.
DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Peoria, AZ USA

Post by DesertAlbin736 »

Aw, too bad (missing driftwood sign). Didn't have proper carving tools at the time, just a Magic Marker, so no wonder it faded. Oh well.
Enjoyed the hikes up & down the trails while we were there last time. In fact we met the gal with Selkie (Eileen? I'm bad with names) at the Wallace Island dock the day before the Ladysmith rendezvous.
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F
Gig Harbor Boatworks Nisqually 8 dinghy
Residence: Peoria, AZ
Homeport: Lake Pleasant, AZ & beyond

Return to “A25 / A27 - True Classics”