• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Engines and fuel consumption with the A-25?

Albin's "power cruisers"
DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Peoria, AZ USA

Re: Engines and fuel consumption with the A-25?

Post by DesertAlbin736 »

Ha ha, well yeah, the snap roll, there's that. Yah, you betcha, der A25 she not like der beam sea by golly. Best bet to deal with that is to quarter the waves as much as possible by tacking like a sailboat.
Last edited by DesertAlbin736 on Thu Feb 18, 2021 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F
Gig Harbor Boatworks Nisqually 8 dinghy
Residence: Peoria, AZ
Homeport: Lake Pleasant, AZ & beyond
DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Peoria, AZ USA

Post by DesertAlbin736 »

Burton,
Starting with $4K initial purchase leaves a lot of room to budget on improvements and upgrades before you've gone beyond market value like *cough* some folks you know have. That money spent on wiring is a worthwhile investment in safety. I don't know if you and others subscribe to BoatUS magazine but if you can get hold of the February-March 2021 issue that's just out, on page 70 under 'Practical Boater', Fear Of Fire, 37% of all fires on recreational boats reported over the period from 2015-'19 excluding off boat sources are caused be DC electrical problems and 9% caused by AC electrical, especially on older boats. I think I can say with confidence that Albin 25s fall into the 'older boat' category.
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F
Gig Harbor Boatworks Nisqually 8 dinghy
Residence: Peoria, AZ
Homeport: Lake Pleasant, AZ & beyond
Burton
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Ellsworth, Maine

Post by Burton »

Sorry, just saw this! I do not have pictures, and we are away from the boat for three weeks. Isoflex has motor mounts which are a direct replacement for the Yanmar mounts. They are cheaper and about 100 times better. They are not just vulcanized rubber sticking to steel. We are away for three weeks, so I can’t get pictures until then.

Return to “A25 / A27 - True Classics”