• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

27 FC compared to a 28 TE

Albin's "power cruisers"
gregb
Deckhand
Deckhand
Home Port: Scituate, MA

27 FC compared to a 28 TE

Post by gregb »

Hi, I used to own a 28 TE. I loved it. Sold it 8 years ago. Now I'm 8 years older and don't need the speed. We are looking at (Thinking about a 27 FE with a 157 HP Isuzu Diesel.)
Can anyone tell me how the ride compares in 2-4' seas? Also any info on the Isuzu? We had a yanmar which was perfect.

TIA
Greg Rangoons
real550A
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Stuart, Florida

Re: 27 FC compared to a 28 TE

Post by real550A »

I just ran a 27FC, with the 157 Isuzu, from Charlotte harbor, through the OWW, to Stuart, Fl. this week. We had 4-5 foot seas in Charlotte harbor & SE Lake Okeechobee. The boat did well, the crew got pounded. It's a great boat & engine combination.
"FOOL'S GOLD"
1988 27FC #454
157hp Isuzu 6BD1
Bearkeley
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: South Florida

Post by Bearkeley »

Sounds like you are the new proud owner of Little Lady. Congrats!
Former owner of the ‘Mary Jo'
1984 Albin 27FC (#74)
Hutchinson Island, Florida
real550A
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Stuart, Florida

Post by real550A »

Thanks, Bearkeley, I am, and it's a fine vessel, I'm going to do some updating to the electrics, and add some personal touches, but the boat is in amazingly well cared for condition. We had a great trip across the OWW.
"FOOL'S GOLD"
1988 27FC #454
157hp Isuzu 6BD1
coolchange
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Portland Oregon

Post by coolchange »

so, I'm running a 27FC with the Isuzu 157 and it is a really solid boat...not fast. but faster than some and I have spent up to 6 weeks cruising with friends..just not 6 of them...two in the back and me in the V is an easy deal...the boat handles big water fine..better than most passengers do..doesn't like beam seas (or parallel wakes...they take some getting used to in close quarters with a breeze or current I have only been on a 28 for some fishing with a friend...it seemed to be a whole new class..bigger, firmer, quieter..but hey they are a lot newer too.,,and there are none I have ever seen near the price point of 27..if you plan to tow either one will need a heavy trailer (triple) and a 3/4 ton or better (IMHO)
1989 Albin 27 FC w/ Isuzu 157 hp, Ford 6.0 Diesel, giant trailer
6th, and most favorite boat yet
Cruising: Columbia River Portland to Bar, San Juans, Gulf Islands,
Desolation Sound, Sunshine Coast, Broughton Islands

Return to “A25 / A27 - True Classics”