• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Depth of the counter

Albin's "power cruisers"
Scudrunner
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Searsport, Maine & Jacksonville Beach, Florida

Depth of the counter

Post by Scudrunner »

Can someone tell me the depth of the galley counter. I'm away from the boat right now and looking at a stove.
tribologist
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Groton. Ct

Re: Depth of the counter

Post by tribologist »

Im in the boat working. Good timing
Driftless
A25 1971 #737
South Windsor, Ct
tribologist
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Groton. Ct

Post by tribologist »

Trying again.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Driftless
A25 1971 #737
South Windsor, Ct
Scudrunner
First Mate
First Mate

Post by Scudrunner »

Thanks... I ended up taking the stove back.
DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Peoria, AZ USA

Post by DesertAlbin736 »

What sort of stove were you looking at? Reason for asking is back in 2012 the first Albin 25 we looked at but passed up on a deal had a propane 2 burner HilleRange with oven installed. It fit within the galley space but obviously required major surgery on the joinery. One of a number of reasons we didn't buy that boat was it didn't have all the requisite vented propane locker or solenoid valves. If I'd have known then how much I would end up "investing" in La Dolce Vita I would have gone for that deal. The stove looked like this similar type taken off the internet.
stove-oven.jpg
Here's another similar one. I didn't keep photos of the one we saw in the Albin, this is from some other type of boat. But they can be made to fit in the aft end of the cabinety on an Albin 25 but the tradeoff would be losing half or more of the under counter storage space. Of course the Hillers as well as other similar brands are expensive to buy new but would be nice if you or the Admiral like to do some baking while cruising.
hillerstove2-71001.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F
Gig Harbor Boatworks Nisqually 8 dinghy
Residence: Peoria, AZ
Homeport: Lake Pleasant, AZ & beyond
Scudrunner
First Mate
First Mate

Post by Scudrunner »

I just decided to go with a Coleman camp stove. I can easily stow it but thinking about putting rails around it to keep pans from tipping.

Return to “A25 / A27 - True Classics”