• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Dangerous Albin

Albin's "power cruisers"
jerridsc
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Blanchardville, WI.

Dangerous Albin

Post by jerridsc »

$39,000 for this wreck of an albin25? Wire nuts, masking tape splices, dirty and terrible paint condition. Can this boat be worth $39,000? Trailer looks good though.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
nebulatech
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Charleston, SC

Re: Dangerous Albin

Post by nebulatech »

Is it this boat?
<>

It looks to have a relatively new Beta Marine 30hp. Maybe the owner is setting the bar high for negotiations. It's "swim platform ready" after all.
Carolina Wren
1979 Albin 25 Deluxe
Bob Noodat
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Stuart Lake BC

Post by Bob Noodat »

I didn't have the courage to look at all 94 high resolution pictures of a very grubby boat. But the asking price put me in mind of the fellow standing outside a New York subway station shouting: "Apple! Get your nice juicy apple; only $10,000 each. Get your juicy apple." A Canadian tourist walking by stepped up to him and said: "Excuse me, eh? You won't sell many apples at that price you know, eh?". To which the vendor replied: "I only gotta sell one, don't I? Whyncha go see where you gotta go."
BUYADODGEIFYOUHAVETOBUYAFORDIFYOUWANTTOBUTBUYAGMIFYOUPOSSIBLYCAN
Dieselram94
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Rockland, Maine

Post by Dieselram94 »

Looks to me that the back of the wheelhouse has done serious structural cracking going on judging from the “support pole” holding it up in this picture.
The boat has a lot of potential, but not at that price...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
nebulatech
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Charleston, SC

Post by nebulatech »

Maybe it's for "dancing"?
Carolina Wren
1979 Albin 25 Deluxe
DCatSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Alexandria VA

Post by DCatSea »

Holy Small Swedish Trawler Batman!!
$39000.00 means merely that the owner has them and is happy to show them off. I'd take the mean between and 3 and 9 and offer 6.
BUT - This also means I can ask for a heck of a lot more if I ever sell Mazboot (NO!)
Doug and Georgia
"Mazboot" - 1984 27 FC #142
Lehman 4D61
Tribe 9.5 yak
Jackson STAXX-11 yak
Alexandria City Marina - F-03
Mainer
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: South Portland Maine

Post by Mainer »

Just saw this thread and am particularly amused because this boat is 15 minutes away from our home here in Cumming, GA.

I've spent many years boating on this lake and have never seen an Albin in all of those years, so this A25 is a very rare item.

The marinas and brokers on this lake have had incredible success over the past year, both in filling all of their slips and stack storage facilities, along with lengthy waiting lists, and in buying and resellling used boats at extraordinary high profits, however...........

This one takes the cake on price silliness. At the risk of offending POP sales folks, they seem to have a reputation for having poor knowledge of the marketplace, and this broker certainly appears to be way off the mark on what the market value is on this A25.

At least it's good for a chuckle.
tribologist
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Groton. Ct

Post by tribologist »

I think its worth it and then some! Keep pushing value up!
Driftless
A25 1971 #737
South Windsor, Ct
Bob Noodat
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Stuart Lake BC

Post by Bob Noodat »

tribologist wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 4:08 pm I think its worth it and then some! Keep pushing value up!
Apparently Jeff Bezos is looking for another superyacht.......
BUYADODGEIFYOUHAVETOBUYAFORDIFYOUWANTTOBUTBUYAGMIFYOUPOSSIBLYCAN
tribologist
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Groton. Ct

Post by tribologist »

If Bezos had a Albin 25 way back, there would never been a Amazon. He would be content puttering around up in Puget sound and on the canals.
Driftless
A25 1971 #737
South Windsor, Ct
JoeyInOhio
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Sandusky Ohio Lake Erie

Post by JoeyInOhio »

Yes, great amusement. I did not know the price of CRACK COCAINE spiked like that of LUMBER. It's hell when Grandpa's antique boat is the last thing to sell to buy your dope.
DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Peoria, AZ USA

Post by DesertAlbin736 »

If only my A25 was worth $39K. If it was I might be able to recoup 60c on the dollar of what I've "invested" in it when I went to sell.
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F
Gig Harbor Boatworks Nisqually 8 dinghy
Residence: Peoria, AZ
Homeport: Lake Pleasant, AZ & beyond

Return to “A25 / A27 - True Classics”