• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Finally got her in the water

Albin's "power cruisers"
DCatSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Alexandria VA

Finally got her in the water

Post by DCatSea »

After a long wait for a brazing job on the heat exchanger I have finally launched Mazboot for the 2021 season.

Lots of good stuff done during layup including:
New cutless bearing and total drive train maintenance, including drive saver refurb, and stuffing block rebuild.
New Racor. (A bit fancier than the 35 year-old model originally there)
Replace previously hard to get to hoses.
New Raw water pump rotor.
New domestic water pump. (And new shower head - at last)
Usual replacement of filters and fluids, including a Prestone flush before adding fresh antifreeze.
Start to re-furbish the aft cabin after finally (fingers crossed) solving the leak in the stbd. windows. This meant removing all the headliner, cutting out and replacing the plywood sidewalls. Eventually I'll be installing hull carpet on removeable roof panels so I can access wiring if necessary. Fresh paint throughout plus new lighting and circulation fans.
Most noticeable change - replace 15x11 driver with a 16x14, which has greatly increased low speed handing (scared the heck out me the first backing in). Haven't been out for a real run yet but responsiveness and pick-up is significantly better so we'll see what happens in real life and deep water.

Here are couple of pix of Old vs New Cutless bearing; Mazboot on the T; a relatively clean engine compartment, and my new deckhand (Daisy Mae)
Old Cutless 4.21 (2).JPG
Old CB
Cutless bearing 4.21 port.jpeg
New CB
IMG_8112.JPG
On the sling
IMG_8114.JPG
The Mighty Lehman Peugeot
IMG_8115.JPG
On the T
IMG_8117.JPG
Second Mate Daisy Mae
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Doug and Georgia
"Mazboot" - 1984 27 FC #142
Lehman 4D61
Tribe 9.5 yak
Jackson STAXX-11 yak
Alexandria City Marina - F-03
DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Peoria, AZ USA

Re: Finally got her in the water

Post by DesertAlbin736 »

Very nice! We should try to meet up when we come down the Bay from the C&D Canal. That should be sometime toward the end of September or first week of October after we make our way across Erie Canal, down Hudson River, NJ ICW, & up Delaware Bay to the C&D Canal. We'll be starting out on the Erie Canal at Tonawanda NY around August 10th to 15th then however long it takes to get to Chesapeake Bay.
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F
Gig Harbor Boatworks Nisqually 8 dinghy
Residence: Peoria, AZ
Homeport: Lake Pleasant, AZ & beyond
DCatSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Alexandria VA

Post by DCatSea »

Love to. Let us know when you are in the Bay. We’ll set up a meet.
Doug and Georgia
"Mazboot" - 1984 27 FC #142
Lehman 4D61
Tribe 9.5 yak
Jackson STAXX-11 yak
Alexandria City Marina - F-03
motthediesel
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Thousand Islands NY

Post by motthediesel »

Congratulations Doug -- hope you have a fun and trouble-free season! Your engine room looks very well organized -- not as many random wires as ours.

We may launch next week, still a couple of items left on our punch-list.

Tom

Return to “A25 / A27 - True Classics”