• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

12V Slow cooker!

Albin's "power cruisers"
tribologist
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Groton. Ct

12V Slow cooker!

Post by tribologist »

Picked up this marvel at a Loves truckstop last year. Run on 12V, 144W we heated soup, quesadillas, pizza, brined hotdogs. Its awesome! I added 15-45A Anderson PowerPole connectors at the helm and in galley to avoid melting cigarette plugs. I use the same for the water heater.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Driftless
A25 1971 #737
South Windsor, Ct
DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Peoria, AZ USA

Re: 12V Slow cooker!

Post by DesertAlbin736 »

You're a genius Ulf! That's a 12 amp draw? What's your wire guage back to the fuse/breaker panel. Like your cup holders! Cruisin' in style! And here we are with our Origo alcohol stove, a folding Coleman camp oven & old fashioned s/s stove top perc coffee pot & plain cooler, like Gilligan's Island, primitive as can be.
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F
Gig Harbor Boatworks Nisqually 8 dinghy
Residence: Peoria, AZ
Homeport: Lake Pleasant, AZ & beyond
tribologist
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tribologist »

We got one of the nuklur reaktors from russia.. i have #10 from battery to panel. I take the power right off a 20 A breaker then i have a 30 A that feed the rest. I don’t like cooking over gas stoves. To much heat.. handles get hot, spill risk..The Slowcooker and the water heater are game changers! Im tempted to try to pre make a few meals and do real slow cooking…. I just ordered a 30 pack with pans.
Driftless
A25 1971 #737
South Windsor, Ct
nebulatech
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Charleston, SC

Post by nebulatech »

If by "nuklur reaktors" you mean the RTG's (radio isotope thermal generators) which the Russians used to power lighthouses, those are fascinating devices. My grandfather helped build the one sent to the moon during the Apollo mission. This is a picture of one, from his library. It now hangs in our hall
20210716_223419.jpg
It's nice to know there's decent12v appliances available. Does the lid lock in place?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Carolina Wren
1979 Albin 25 Deluxe
tribologist
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tribologist »

Lid is clamped down on a silicone rubber gasket. Were headed pizza on it earlier today. Very fast!
Driftless
A25 1971 #737
South Windsor, Ct

Return to “A25 / A27 - True Classics”