• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Shortened A27 bench seat

Albin's "power cruisers"
DonC1956
Mate
Mate
Home Port: Rhode Island

Shortened A27 bench seat

Post by DonC1956 »

Did this a few weeks ago. Very happy with results. Allows me to open both sides of engine room doors. [/img]Image[/img]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Ambler27FC
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Patuxent River, MD

Re: Shortened A27 bench seat

Post by Ambler27FC »

It looks like you did a smart repurpose of one of the back brackets to create an armrest!

I did similar last year, except with a collapsing surface for a temporary co-pilot or to put my feet up. The armrest could be nice - I was thrown from the seat with large waves across the beam. I religiously check engine fluids before long trips and the short bench is a game changer.
DonC1956
Mate
Mate
Home Port: Rhode Island

Re: Shortened A27 bench seat

Post by DonC1956 »

My copilot likes the side seats. We have only gone out for a few hours at a time. And, she does roll violently under those conditions. Broke the cup holder on the side and yes the arm rest saved me the last time I wasn’t paying attention. Saw your setup, very nice.

Return to “A25 / A27 - True Classics”