• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

A27 Overhead Electronics Box

Albin's "power cruisers"
SkipRocks
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: St Augustine, FL

A27 Overhead Electronics Box

Post by SkipRocks »

Has anyone mounted an overhead electronics box on their A27? It looks like a low profile (low height) box might fit above the steering station directly behind the right windshield and above that giant dash board that would not obstruct line of sight. It would sure be nice to mount both my VHF radio and sirius radio receiver up there. Power and antenna wire access would not be a concern - at least not nearly as much as visibility.
DCatSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Alexandria VA

Re: A27 Overhead Electronics Box

Post by DCatSea »

Back in 2016 I installed 2 wooden overheads to carry a VHF, Lowrance 5 GPS, the original SiTex depth gauge and fans Port and Stbd. Since then I've added a newer model Lowrance 7 under the Stbd side overhead. Stbd side also houses a small electrical buss to provide power to the overheads.
Port side is currently used for keys and other small stuff storage. I'm toying with the idea of putting rod holders between the two boxes (for daily use).
One pic is of the first iteration, second is less detailed but you get the idea.
PS: I'm not a carpentry wizard but it wasn't difficult.
I'll be at Mazboot tomorrow and will take better pix.

Hope this is useful
IMG_2505.JPG
IMG_4967.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Doug and Georgia
"Mazboot" - 1984 27 FC #142
Lehman 4D61
Tribe 9.5 yak
Jackson STAXX-11 yak
Alexandria City Marina - F-03
SkipD
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Marblehead, MA

Post by SkipD »

Here is a pic that shows the overhead piece that has a VHF and Speed/Depth display. All wires, including the radome, are secured within and come down in front of the stb window.
Piece is teak and secured with 4 wood screws down through the roof.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
tego
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Tellico Marina- Little Tennessee River near Vonore, TN

Post by tego »

I built an overhead panel box to house my radar, VHF, chartplotter and an additional depth/fishfinder. It's built of teak and teak ply and works great. I'll take some measurements tomorrow and get the wife to take a picture of it. If I can post the dang picture on here, it'll be a first for me. The whole assembly is quite compact and doesn't interfere with forward vision at all (I'm 5'10"). Ben "87 27FC #302

Return to “A25 / A27 - True Classics”