• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Not named yet

Albin's "power cruisers"
SalishAire
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Olympia WA

Not named yet

Post by SalishAire »

We spent the past two days flying from Puget Sound to Michigan and back to look at an Albin 25. She was what we had been hoping for so she is now officially ours. Our daughter's family are finally able to cross from Canada and make a long planned summer visit so we will wait until she leaves before driving back to tow the boat home.

Needless to say we are excited and planning for how we will modify and use the boat. The boat comes with a number of never installed creature comfort items (eg a diesel furnace) that we look forward to installing the way we want them. It does have a sail rig that we are not planning to use and wonder if there is a market for them (we didn't see the sails but the mast and boom looked in good shape).

From our live-on-a-Nordhavn days we are very familiar with the Yanmar 3GM engine and figure it should serve us well (it was used as a get-home engine on our Nordhavn). We won't be able to do the Inside Passage this year before it gets into fall/winter but we hope to take some runs up to the San Juans and possibly southern BC (depending on the very changing border situation) before we play snowbirds in our trailer so if you see us please give us a "howdy" (we'll let the group know when we decide on a name).

Norman and Clarice
Norman and Clarice Gregory
A 25 Hyacinth
Lacey WA
https://claricenorman.blogspot.com/
nebulatech
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Charleston, SC

Re: Not named yet

Post by nebulatech »

Congratulations on your new Albin! Safe travels getting her home. If there's a market for the sailing rig, it's probably either here (in the classifieds) or on the A25/A27 Facebook page. I think very few A25 owners use the sailing rig.
Carolina Wren
1979 Albin 25 Deluxe
dkirsop
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Pender Island, BC, Canada

Post by dkirsop »

I think it is a safe bet that the border will be open by next summer. We will keep an eye out and hope to meet you at one of our rendezvous in 2022.
Hull No. 1013, 1971
Dieselram94
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Rockland, Maine

Post by Dieselram94 »

Congratulations on your new 25! Is this the one that was for sale in Manistee, Michigan?And your taking it to one of the best cruising grounds there is! As far as the border goes, I think all bets are off if it will be open or closed. The way they keep pushing this fake virus…er, I mean the delta variant I think the powers that be are just itching for a more severe lockdown on a second go around. I hope not though.
SalishAire
First Mate
First Mate

Post by SalishAire »

This boat was in Owosoo Michigan and importantly comes with a trailer which the one in Manistee does not. We never could get all the ducks in a row to look at the one in Manistee so we don't much more about it other than one long conversation with the dealer. If we can just get folks on-board with getting the very effective vaccine then we can get through this pandemic that has many of the nurses I trained and worked with through the years reaching the point of exhaustion and move on with things like taking a leisurely trip through beautiful BC and up into Alaska next spring. Norman RN
A 25 Hyacinth
Lacey WA
Plum76
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Traverse City, Mi

Post by Plum76 »

Congrats on the new purchase. I’m not far from where your boat is, and I might be interested in the sail rig, we have been going back and forth about one, so if the opportunity arises so close to home (we’re in Traverse City), might be worth it..

Can email me directly at plumster@gmail, or will keep an eye out here, I tend to check in every few days to see what’s new with the other boats..

Thanks much.

Jason
SalishAire
First Mate
First Mate

Post by SalishAire »

Jason: I sent you an email. Norman
A 25 Hyacinth
Lacey WA
nebulatech
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by nebulatech »

If anyone near SC has a sailing rig, I would probably be interested...

Norman, I hope you get to post some photos soon!
Carolina Wren
1979 Albin 25 Deluxe
DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Peoria, AZ USA

Post by DesertAlbin736 »

Congrats on your purchase! My sailing friends who planned to sail their Southern Cross 31 cutter sailboat from Apostle Islands in WI to Tonawanda, NY where we were to meet them & continue on buddy boating across the Erie Canal & down the east coast had to abort due to health issues & lay their boat up in Bay City, MI just 56 miles north of Owosoo. As the seller about all the biting flies on Lake Huron.
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F
Gig Harbor Boatworks Nisqually 8 dinghy
Residence: Peoria, AZ
Homeport: Lake Pleasant, AZ & beyond
SalishAire
First Mate
First Mate

Post by SalishAire »

Just as an update it sounds like we are going with Hyacinth as the boat name. The boat will be named after our newest granddaughter and we are trying to see if we can print a logo with a water hyacinth flower. Picking up the boat in 2 weeks then we will try to get some photos posted.
A 25 Hyacinth
Lacey WA
Tuckerspohr
Mate
Mate
Home Port: Bend OR

Re: Sailing rig for 25

Post by Tuckerspohr »

I would be interested in the sailing rig please pm me with photos when u get the time.
DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Peoria, AZ USA

Post by DesertAlbin736 »

Hyacinth!?! Ha ha, are you familiar with the 1990s British sitcom "Keeping Up Appearances" of which re-runs have been aired on PBS the past few years? The main character is a matronly middle aged housewife named Hyacinth Bucket. She's obsessed with maintaining the appearance of an upper social class reputation when in fact she's a semi-delusional pretender who constantly hen pecks her poor long suffering husband Richard. She insists on her last name pronounced "Bouquet" when in fact it's just plain 'Bucket' . She has sisters Rose who's a bit of a floozy, and another sister Daisy who along with husband Oslo are decidedly working class. The sisters are all named after flowers & the last name Bucket is a play on the word Bouquet.'

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keeping_Up_Appearances
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F
Gig Harbor Boatworks Nisqually 8 dinghy
Residence: Peoria, AZ
Homeport: Lake Pleasant, AZ & beyond
nebulatech
Gold Member
Gold Member