• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Forgive me Per Brohall

Albin's "power cruisers"
hetek
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Southold, NY

Re: Forgive me Per Brohall

Post by hetek »

Here ya go. Hope the image rotation works out but you'll get the idea.
20180822_220021.jpg
20180913_190248.jpg
20180913_203150.jpg
Standing headroom to the right of the engine box now. The second battery goes next to the first. It can fit the group 27 size but I went with a pair of 24s for now.

And, no, that is not my prop shaft. Just a PVC placeholder at the time.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Jon B.
Former owner of...
"Bunkie" - a 1984 A27FC
New owner of...
1977 A25 deLuxe - a work in progress
WillieC
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Hood Canal, WA

Post by WillieC »

Great pics, Jon. I knew somebody had done just that. Very clean.
Albinfisher
Mate
Mate
Home Port: Newport, Oregon

Post by Albinfisher »

This is my Albin 25 deluxe fisherman conversion that I have been restoring. I didn't build the conversion but I have been restoring it. A lot of rot repaired and glass work. It will make for a comfortable dry helm in pacific northwest seas. The back has been opened up for a fishing deck with a step through transom. The transom cut out slides back in to block the opening for following seas. Hope to have it in the water next summer. The large top hatch slides open to retain the moon roof effect and also enables the motor to be removed ,replaced. I have a Yanmar that will be installed in the spring. I brought this boat down from the sunshine coast of BC a few years ago.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
dkirsop
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Pender Island, BC, Canada

Post by dkirsop »

Nice. Add in a bus heater for engine heat in the cabin and you will have a dry and warm wheelhouse.
Hull No. 1013, 1971
tribologist
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Groton. Ct

Post by tribologist »

Albinfisher wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 7:32 pm This is my Albin 25 deluxe fisherman conversion that I have been restoring. I didn't build the conversion but I have been restoring it……
Was it a fisherman from factory or was it a converted aft cabin?
Driftless
A25 1971 #737
South Windsor, Ct
homesteady
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Bellingham, WA

Post by homesteady »

Nice conversion! I was wondering just how rare the fisherman version of the boat is. Were you able to figure out a self draining cockpit deck?

Jon, I really like the floor layout you finished with. That has my gears turning because I hadn't considered it before. Thanks for sharing those photos.
Alex
Albin 25 No. 1583
"Sandcastle"
Bellingham, WA USA
Pacific Northwest
Albinfisher
Mate
Mate
Home Port: Newport, Oregon

Post by Albinfisher »

The aft cabin was cut off and the extra cabin added. I don't have the fishing deck in yet and I dont think it can be made self bailing. I plan to use the aft cabin footwell as the sump for an extra sump pump. If that pump cant handle the water then it will spill over into the main bilge to be pumped out. With the step through transom blocked off I dont see much of a problem as I dont go out in too rough of seas. I do have a set of molded fiberglass swim steps that will be bolted to the transom. One will make it easier to enter the vessel and the left one will have an outboard motor mount for an auxiliary outboard motor.
hetek
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by hetek »

I showed you the "in progress" pictures that were taken when the bulkhead was crappy looking. Here it is in its finished state.
20190903_181251.jpg
I have just a single seat on a short pedestal mounted on the end of the starboard bench. It is on a slider/spider combo so it can swivel and slide back to give me more room to stand at the helm.
Jon B.
Former owner of...
"Bunkie" - a 1984 A27FC
New owner of...
tribologist
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tribologist »

Looks terrific! Love that slider window
Driftless
A25 1971 #737
South Windsor, Ct
DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Peoria, AZ USA

Post by DesertAlbin736 »

hetek,

Looks like primo work! I painted our floorboards our floorboards with Sand Beige Rustoleum Marine Topsides paint similar to yours. It's a fairly close match to the cockpit fiberglass color. Your restoration puts our boat to shame!

Alex/homesteady,

We're looking forward to our 5th return trip to Pacific NW next summer, likely launch from Blaine if their free parking policy is still in effect. It was great meeting up with Ulf (aka tribologist) on the Erie Canal this year, but we're otherwise pretty much done with the East Coast. For us nothing compares to the San Juans, Gulf Islands, Princess Louisa Inlet, Desolation Sound & the rest of the Inside Passage. Not to mention the great folks of the Albineers of BC club. Who knows, maybe we'll cross paths then? This year marks ten years since our first sailboat charter with San Juan Sailing out of Bellingham. Next year will be eight years since our first San Juans cruise with our own boat & the 2014 AOG PNW rendezvous in Roche Harbor.

I hear you about how rough conditions can send spray over the bow & hit the windshield sometimes, whether coming out of Bellingham Bay or crossing Georgia Strait.
DSCF3533crop.jpg
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F
Gig Harbor Boatworks Nisqually 8 dinghy
Residence: Peoria, AZ
Homeport: Lake Pleasant, AZ & beyond
hetek
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by hetek »

The window sliders are by Diamond Seaglaze which came with the boat, installed by a previous owner. Pretty Tiffany priced when new, so I'm told.

Just noticed that if you look at the reflection in the bulkhead under the helm, you can see the seat pedestal mount and where it is in relation to the starboard bench. I also had to put a wedge under the base to compensate for the slight off-level of the bench seat top. The wedge is an off the shelf item that is commonly used when mounting pedestals on crowned decks...

...and the ends of Albin 25 bench seats.
Jon B.
Former owner of...
"Bunkie" - a 1984 A27FC
New owner of...
tribologist
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tribologist »

Those sliders are probably used by Boeing too….
Driftless
A25 1971 #737
South Windsor, Ct
hetek
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by hetek »

Just thought I'd throw these two out there...

I, too, thought of ways to improve the Albin by altering the cockpit/helm layout. I did several renderings but these two I liked the most.
Albin 27 test-q.jpg
Looks very similar to what the OP proposed, but obviously this is for an A27FC.

Then there's this one...
Albin 27 test-f.jpg
Look familiar? It is the design I sent Capt Vic when he was looking for ideas for his Albin overhaul. He actually went ahead and built it! It is officially now known as Mary Jo. Vic sold her to a member here on AOG.

No fancy software was used. Just MS Paint and hours of "copy/paste".
Jon B.
Former owner of...
"Bunkie" - a 1984 A27FC
New owner of...
ssrig
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: ganges

Post by ssrig »

I really like that first rendering! looks very utilitarian!
tribologist
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tribologist »

Very cool! Nice job!!
Driftless
A25 1971 #737
South Windsor, Ct

Return to “A25 / A27 - True Classics”